Sunday, January 13, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week Two

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Two

As life went on throughout this week, I contemplated alot of all the blessings that I have in my life. I really am blessed in so many ways. This week I am grateful for my car...or should I say van. I never thought that I would be an owner of a mini van. I always pictured myself being the mom in the "burb." Yet we we started shopping for a larger vehicle the van was just more practical. I love the storage space, and the ability to open and close the doors with the push of a button. It really is the vehicle for me.

More than the features it provides, I am grateful for modern transportation. As I have been driving around this week, I really thought about how blessed we are. Having a car opens so many different things in life. Imagine having to walk, ride a bike, driving a horse drawn carriage, or covered wagon everywhere you went! I guess if I lived in the past then I just wouldn't spend as much, but I also don't think that I would be able to accomplish as much as I do. How would I ever make it home from Costco!? The automobile is such an amazing invention. I am so grateful to have one.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

9 people know I LOVE comments!:

Within These Walls said...

Cars are a great blessing! We love our Honda Odyssey.

Heather said...

Wow! Minivan Mom! At least it is a Honda and has sweet rims and is actually quite stylish! Congrats on the new purchase.

Julie said...

I remember when we had our fourth child and my husband bought us a mini van, I was sooo excited. A car that is reliable and will carry all our stuff is such a wonderful blessing.

Lori said...

I don't know what I'd do without a car. This is a wonderful blessing! With our fifth child, we just upsized from our mini-van to the suburban. (I miss my van! The gas is TWICE as much now!)

Anonymous said...

Cute Minivan,Chrissy! It is very stylish. I couldn't live without mine.

Cami said...

Hi crystal! I ran into your blog it was fun to see. Your family is beautiful. I am so happy for you!

Abbie said...

Nice ride!! I am also very grateful for the blessings that come with owning a car. We are looking forward to getting a minivan each time we all squish into my Civic and go somewhere together (Mark is just too tall to be comfortable with two car seats in the back).

KellyAnn said...

Thank you for your wonderful ideas. I love your blog. It is cute!!! I even downloaded peppermint template but I am so illiterate at computers that I can't figure out what to do with is now. I'll have to keep working at it.

Andrea said...

Oooh I have to agree. I LOVE my minivan, and I NEVER thought I would own one. I wanted a nice Suburban or when the Toyota Sequoia came out I fell in love with that. But those were not to be, so when we were expecting #4 (back in 2004) we got a Dodge Grand Caravan and actually LOVE it. I love how the doors slide open & they don't take up space, so if the parking spot is small, we can still squeeze in w/o hitting other cars w/ our doors. Although the kids fight over who gets to "push the button" getting in and out of the car.

Cars are wonderful blessings!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails