Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You asked...Part Two

If you missed the answers to the last question and answer you can find it here.

Becky from Tiffany & Co asked

What is inside the envelope?

It turns out that Julie of Truly Delightful in Everyway wants to know the same thing, and along the same lines…Carey of care{y}t-tops and Sandy of The Smith Family want to know if I am having a boy or a girl. And Little Momma of It’s a Wonderful Life asked if I would prefer one or the other with this next one.

Those of you who have been reading for the last couple of months know exactly what envelope Becky is talking about. If not you can read about it here. Yes, that is right…back in October we went and got our ultrasound. Instead of finding out the sex, we had the tech print out the ‘evidence’. She sealed and stapled it and gave it to me…and to this day it remains unopened.

Before I ever got pregnant with this third baby, I thought it would be fun to ‘not find out’. Back in the day when my mother was having children they didn’t even have a choice. One of the funnest things I remember about my younger brother being born was the anticipation of finding out what my mom was having. Since I have a boy and a girl already, I thought this would be the perfect time to keep it a mystery. I would be happy with either one so I think that is why I am so content with not knowing.

There have been times during these past few months where I thought it would be nice to know, but the anticipation of waiting keeps me from looking. I have found it somewhat amusing at how much it gets to people that I haven’t opened the envelope yet. I know it is driving a lot of you crazy, but I am really excited. Now we are at the point where it would be silly to look. I am due on March 7th so it means that I only have about 7 weeks left…and that is if I go into labor on time. With Caden I was 3 days late, and with Sydney I was 9 days early. So it could go either way. I figure that I have waited this long…I can wait just a little more.

So the only thing that I know for sure is inside that envelope is a piece of paper that has a picture of the certain anatomy of a baby. I think we may have to have a contest in the near future, and you all can guess what you think we are having, when the baby will be born and all the other fun stats (weight & height)
April of The Bethea Bunch asked

Do you have any pets, and if so, what kind?

Why in the world would I need any pets…I have one already…hee hee. The real answer is No. This post pretty much sums it up for us. I have nothing against pets themselves, I just prefer them not to be in our house. To me it is just another thing that I would have to take care of. The only problem is that a pet will never grow up or become more independent. We may eventually get a pet, but that will be when the kids are old enough to take care of it, and most likely it will be an outdoor pet. So I am sorry to all you pet lovers out there. For me, it just isn’t in the cards.

I had a couple of people ask about Shawn & me (how we met, how long we have been together, and how I knew he was the one etc…) so the next post will be dedicated to our little story. Also if you think of anything else you would like to know, don't hesitate to ask!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

16 people know I LOVE comments!:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Dang! I was hoping I might actually get an answer. And you have a tiny belly for 34 weeks!!!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

Good for YOU! I didn't find out with any of my kids, but I also didn't have an envelope just begging to be opened. ha ha. With my 3rd, I had an ultrasound the same day she was born (not knowing she was ready to grace us with her presence) and I told the tech to please not show or tell me anything since I had waited 9 months not knowing. She was very kind and stayed clear of that area.

BTW - You have a very TINY tummy to be due so soon! Hope you're feeling ok & your back isn't killing you. My back always hurts during pregnancy!

Love the picture of your sweet puppy sitting at the table. LOL :)

Unknown said...

LOOK AT YOU!!! You're so little! I'm sure you get that A LOT. I did too, and it made me SO angry for some reason. ??

You have a lot more willpower than I. With Bridget, we were told that we were having a boy. Ended up being a BIG surprise in the end, afterall!

Two little lovebirds said...

I have a question... do you have names picked out?

Dizzy Kate said...

I have a question...Would you ever concider moving close to Queen Creek? : )

Maranda Whittle said...

You look pretty good for as far long as you are!

Webb Family said...

What a fun post! You are so tiny for 34 weeks!!! I think that is fun that you are waiting. My husband would have loved to wait but not me I had to know!

Abbie said...

It is VERY exciting not to find out if you are having a boy or girl beforehand! And I feel exactly like you about pets (besides our little goldfish). I don't like them inside and I don't want any extra work. Hope you are feeling well.

Unknown said...

good morning crystal,
i think it is awesome that you don't know and are just waiting to see what arrives. i loved that we did that with our first. i wish we hadn't known with our second. it took away some of the fun and excitement of the second pregnancy.

great day hon,
kathleen xoxo

Heather said...

You look darling, at least what I can see of you ;). Good for you for holding strong and sticking to your guns about the big surprise. Now you get to hear the doctor (or whoever) call out "It's a...!"

Unknown said...

hi crystal,

happy Sabbath sweetie, kathleen :)

Tiare et Mithona said...

Nice belly!!! I'm alomst at 36 weeks and all is well now for me and the baby!! We've been very busy with church and all... and apparently you guys had a fun end of the year!! Hope all goes fine for you and the baby! I'm excited to see pic of it!! Take care!

Carl and Starla said...

I have to agree, Crystal, You have a small tummy for 34 weeks. When i am pregs I look about as pregnant in my butt as I do my tummy! Here's my question: When are you guys going to come visit us in Memphis, TN?

Sherri said...

I think it's great that you haven't given in. I'm so glad I never found out with my 3rd, cuz she was my easiest baby, etc. She was definitely a pleasant, wonderful surprise, although 6 days late, and I will always remember my shock when they said "It's a girl!" Good luck with your next 6 weeks or less.

Katie said...

Cute belly! It sure doesn't look very big!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

cute belly!
i'm glad you're keeping it a surprise! i agree- it would be absolutely pointless to look now that you've come this far!
i too love surprises, but i have to say, that every baby is a huge surprise for us with what color of hair they will have! red???!!! so we get our own surprise each time and that's the big question with our baby- is it another red head?
good luck with the baby, deliver, and i can't wait to see your post in March when your little one is posted on here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails