Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.
This week I wanted to focus my gratitude on my sweet little Caden. I guess that I shouldn't say little because he has been anything but that. He made his entrance to the world at a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz. and never ever looked back. I figure that he was trying to make up for lost time. I wanted him a year and a half earlier than I got him, and instead he is the size of a child that would be that age. As much as it pained my heart month after month of not conceiving...it was that very struggle that has helped me to appreciate this beautiful child that was entrusted into my care even more. There are times when he gives me a run for my sanity, but at the end of the day my heart is brimming with love for this sweet boy. Here are some things that I love about him.
- He is very determined. I don't think I have encountered a boy who is so sure of what he wants. Sometimes it can be hard to deal with, but I know if I can help guide him on the right path that his determination can be a good thing. I hope that he can be a great leader someday.
- He says some of the silliest things. One day Shawn was trying to do something with him, and he wasn't having anything to do with it. He turned to Shawn and said..."Go away Dad, your freakin me out!" I have no idea where he learned that one, but we couldn't help but laugh.
- He can be very loving. I say 'can be' because he does have a very rough side to him. He definitely is 'all boy'...but out of the blue he will do some of the sweetest things. I love his spontaneous words of love and gratitude. "I love you, Mom...We have the best family in the world don't we?" or "Thanks so much for washing my underwear, Mom." or "Mmm Mom, you make the best food."
- His need for order. Sometimes I wonder if he is OCD. He is very particular about how things should be. The other day he got upset because someone had moved some of the stuff in Sydney's dollhouse into different places..."Mom, these are not in the right order, Mom! We need to fix them!" He makes me laugh at some of the things that just "have to be fixed!"
- He loves to 'help' in the kitchen. He has always enjoyed 'helping' me cook. I hope that he continues to have interest because I think that a man knowing how to cook is a great asset! He has made us laugh at times when he has decided to 'cook' on his own. They weren't the greatest successes, but left for some great memories.
Each day is a new adventure with this one. He keeps me on my toes. I am just so thankful that I have been blessed to have him in my life.
If you would like to see other peoples "blessings" just head over to Gardenview Cottage...she has a list of participators in her side bar.
Also, I am working on answering your questions. If you still would like to submit a question...go ahead! If you don't have a question, leave a comment anyway! Part of the purpose of that post was to get a 'roll call' of those who 'pop in' from time to time!