Sunday, January 20, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week Three

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Three

This week I wanted to focus my gratitude on my sweet little Caden. I guess that I shouldn't say little because he has been anything but that. He made his entrance to the world at a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz. and never ever looked back. I figure that he was trying to make up for lost time. I wanted him a year and a half earlier than I got him, and instead he is the size of a child that would be that age. As much as it pained my heart month after month of not conceiving...it was that very struggle that has helped me to appreciate this beautiful child that was entrusted into my care even more. There are times when he gives me a run for my sanity, but at the end of the day my heart is brimming with love for this sweet boy. Here are some things that I love about him.

  • He is very determined. I don't think I have encountered a boy who is so sure of what he wants. Sometimes it can be hard to deal with, but I know if I can help guide him on the right path that his determination can be a good thing. I hope that he can be a great leader someday.

  • He says some of the silliest things. One day Shawn was trying to do something with him, and he wasn't having anything to do with it. He turned to Shawn and said..."Go away Dad, your freakin me out!" I have no idea where he learned that one, but we couldn't help but laugh.

  • He can be very loving. I say 'can be' because he does have a very rough side to him. He definitely is 'all boy'...but out of the blue he will do some of the sweetest things. I love his spontaneous words of love and gratitude. "I love you, Mom...We have the best family in the world don't we?" or "Thanks so much for washing my underwear, Mom." or "Mmm Mom, you make the best food."

  • His need for order. Sometimes I wonder if he is OCD. He is very particular about how things should be. The other day he got upset because someone had moved some of the stuff in Sydney's dollhouse into different places..."Mom, these are not in the right order, Mom! We need to fix them!" He makes me laugh at some of the things that just "have to be fixed!"

  • He loves to 'help' in the kitchen. He has always enjoyed 'helping' me cook. I hope that he continues to have interest because I think that a man knowing how to cook is a great asset! He has made us laugh at times when he has decided to 'cook' on his own. They weren't the greatest successes, but left for some great memories.

Each day is a new adventure with this one. He keeps me on my toes. I am just so thankful that I have been blessed to have him in my life.

If you would like to see other peoples "blessings" just head over to Gardenview Cottage...she has a list of participators in her side bar.

Also, I am working on answering your questions. If you still would like to submit a question...go ahead! If you don't have a question, leave a comment anyway! Part of the purpose of that post was to get a 'roll call' of those who 'pop in' from time to time!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

13 people know I LOVE comments!:

Crazymamaof6 said...

what a sweetie! wanting a baby and not getting one is the hardest thing but it make us appreciate it so much more when we finally get them. i did that too. He sure is a Handsome little guy!



loving the 52 weeks. love Cara! and can't wait to hear all your questions answered.

Laurie said...

What a cute boy. Definitely something to be thankful for.

Andrea said...

He is darling! And what a nice strong-willed energetic helper!! I have a few of those! HE sounds super sweet! I love when they're sweet. He is also blessed to have such a sweet Mama!

Cindy Reed said...

Oh my goodness! What a handsome guy he is! His eyes could melt a mom's heart! Our kiddos - they definitely are something to be grateful for! :o)

KellyAnn said...

Thanks for posting. I don't have photo shop. Is there a certain one I need or what? By the way, your son is adorable. Children are definitely miracles aren't they?

Jenifer said...

He is so adorable! I love that he thanks you for washing his underwear. I wish my kids would! It sounds like his determination will take him far!

Melanie and Will said...

What a sweet post about Caden! It takes a good mommy to make a sweet boy ;)

Pam said...

It's amazing how their personalities come out when they are so little. Cute post.

Wendi said...

Wjat a great tribute!

Unknown said...

Fabulous picture, and what a sweet boy!!

Tonya said...

That is such a sweet picture of your little boy.

Casey said...

Caden is so handsome!! Its crazy that he looks just like your husband and sydney looks just like you!! Riley is a perfect mix of me and my husband. It's crazy.. I wonder if your new little one will be a perfect mix! :)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

What a darling picture! I hope that one is blown up big hanging somewhere in your house! It's a keeper!

Related Posts with Thumbnails