Sunday, January 6, 2008

The 52 Blessings Project

While doing some blog hopping I came across Gardenview Cottage. She had come across this idea that I think is totally awesome. I am really excited to participate on this through out the year, and maybe you will want to join in too! Here is the details of the project. I think that it has been decided to do the post on each Sunday, but I will let you know if it changes. They are working on getting a Mr. Linky so people can link up and visit each others blogs to see each others blessings! (Okay...so I added my own Mr. Linky here at the bottom of this post...if you decide to participate...just add a link to your individual blessing post so I can come visit you!) How wonderful is that!?

The 52 Blessings Project
Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week One
I have actually been wanting to write this post for a couple of months now, but time just got away from me. Now that I have this new "project," I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. One thing that I haven't really talked about on my blog is some of the things that are going on in my extended family. Back in July, my brother in law decided that he wanted a different life instead of the one with my sister Nancy. It has broken my heart to watch the pain that she has had to go through. The other thing is that my 2 brothers (Jonny & Jimmy) that are 2 and 4 years older than me have recently announced that their girlfriends are pregnant. Not exactly the way my parents would have liked to add grandchildren, but they are happy just the same. It's not really a bad thing, but I know that they are already struggling financially and adding another baby to the mix is going to make it harder. What does all this have to do with something that I am grateful for you may ask? Watching my family going through these different trials in their relationships has really made me reflect on my own relationship with Shawn...and that is what I am truly grateful for.
I am blessed in so many ways when it comes to Shawn...
  • I am blessed to have a man that is good with money. In the beginning of our relationship I really struggled with how "frugal" Shawn was. Over the years, he has let up a bit...but one thing I know... We will never be in debt, and will always be provided for.
  • I am blessed to be able to stay home with my children. There are so many mothers out there that have to work in order to sustain their family. I am so thankful that Shawn got the education he needed, and has always had a job that pays enough to support us without me having to work.
  • I am blessed to have a man that holds the priesthood. It is one of the most comforting things to know that if something is wrong, if someone is sick, or for any reason at all...that my husband is able to administer a blessing from our Heavenly Father. I am thankful that he lives his life worthily.
  • I am blessed to have a man who adores me. This has been something that I sometimes take for granted, but after watching my sister...I have come to realize how lucky I am. He loves me with all of his heart, and I am thankful to share that love with him.

I really could go on and on, but I am sure that you get the idea. I just want him to know that I am grateful to have him in my life. I may not always be the best at showing it, but that is something that I am working on. Shawn, you are my love, my best friend, and everything I could have ever hoped for. I am so thankful to have been able to have you in my life for the past 8 years. I look forward to sharing many, many more memories with you as we grow old together. Thanks for making me laugh, comforting me when I cry, and loving me for who I am.


Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

14 people know I LOVE comments!:

I was raised in a barn said...

What a wonderful blessing!! I think it's wonderful to be able to look at others and their trials and learn from them. Sounds like you have a wonderful man there,

onehm said...

Your guy is a keeper! So glad that you are participating in the 52 blessings project. What fun!
;o)
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog, too!

Within These Walls said...

What a neat idea! A good reminder for us all to stop and remember all of our blessings. A great tribute to your husband!

Jenifer said...

What a cute blog! I'm glad you found the 52 blessings blog. Your family looks amazing. It sounds like you have a great husband! I hope your sister will be able to find some comfort at this hard time!

Cindy Reed said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!! I am also loving the 52 blessings idea! I loved your post about your husband. He sounds like an amazing blessing in your life! I will have to check back and 'stalk' your blog every now and then -- it is so cute, and you look like such a fun, happy family! :o)

Pam said...

I'm so excited to meet new friends with this project. What a great husband!!!

Andrea said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I read thru everyone's posts earlier w/o commenting cuz I wanted to have time to read them all. Love your post! Your family sounds similar to my hubby's siblings. So, I too am very grateful for our strong relationship & family! Sounds like you have a strong family & so CUTE! I also like your resolution/aspiration word for the year! I just love that Cara organized all the links so we can all share our blessings!

Staci said...

Great idea to do a Blessing post each week! And Great post on you hubby! Having a strong marriage is the BEST blessing ever!

Bowman Family said...

I am going to join you in this if you don't mind! Great idea!!!

Phae-Jae said...

What a great idea! Love it

Such a blessing to grow throughout the years cherishing your husband, and being cherished. Sadly, so many marriages are without it.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

This is such a great idea! I have enjoyed reading everyone's 1st week of blessings. A good husband is a wonderful blessing!

Elisa B said...

What an awesome post! You certainly are blessed with Shawn, but he's blessed with you, too! ;)

I love the 52 Blessings idea. I would like to do that if I ever get around to updating my blog!

Hope you and the baby-to-be are doing great!

Elisa

Timid Scorpion said...

This is a great Idea,
Having a great man in your life can make all the diffence. And letting him know that often makes a bigger differnce.

Unknown said...

hi crystal!

i love your attitude of gratitude. you have a beautiful heart.

great day hon,
kathleen :) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails