Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Blur

Does anyone ever feel like there is so much stuff going on during the Christmas season that when you look back it is just a blur? I really can't believe how the past few weeks seem to have gotten away from me. We had a great and memorable time with family and friends despite the fact that I had sick kids, and then by New Years I got their sickness. I still feel yucky or should I say sound yucky. I now officially have my "deep sexy voice." Hopefully it won't last too long.


Christmas eve was spent with Shawn's mom, and the rest of his family. In the morning we went to Shawn's Dad's for breakfast, made a short trip to Grandma & Grandpa G.'s, and then back to our house to host my side of the families Christmas gathering. It was a crazy couple of days, but we still had fun. The kids got all sorts of things, and Caden said this was the "Best Christmas ever!" I found that funny because he had a temp of 102.5 on Christmas eve and then by the end of the holidays he ended up getting a double ear infection. The poor kid looked terrible, but he kept smiling all the way through.

I have alot more to say, but right now my mind is not functioning quite like it should. I will post more soon...I promise. Here is a slide show of all the fun things the kids got, and the wonderful people that we were able to spend the holidays with!

Oh, and I know many (particulary Julie) were hoping that we would open the envelope for our Christmas present, but I am sorry to tell you that I have still refrained. Shawn would have liked it, but now I feel like it is just around the corner...why do it now? I really am excited about the aspect of not knowing until the moment this little bundle is born!
I also just realized that today is the One Year Anniversary of the start of my blog!!! Wow! It sure has been fun!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

5 people know I LOVE comments!:

Rosie said...

I think it is so exciting that you are not finding out. Now a days very few people don't already know so it is like your own little secret and surprise!

YOur pictures look fun. How do you make the slide shows?

Julie said...

Wow, sounds like a great Christmas. My little one was sick to, but she was also a trouper.

The slide show was great. How many brothers and sisters do you have. It looked like a lot.

I love to be surprised when my babies are born. My husband hates it though. Because of that I only had one surprise out of five. Good for you for not giving in. I know it must be really hard not to open that envelope.

Happy New Year!
Julie

Unknown said...

awww crystal, what a sweet smiley caden picture. cutey.

blessings hon,
kathleen :) xoxo

Unknown said...

and happy one year hon. you rock!

and i wouldn't open the envelope either :) good going. surprise is nicer. i liked it better when we didn't know than when we did :)

Within These Walls said...

It looks like you had a fun Christmas! Camille and Allen both had ear infections one Christmas too. I'm glad they were still able to enjoy it. I love the picture of Caden and Sydney in their pajamas! I'm impressed you haven't opened the envelope yet. I wouldn't be able to wait. Happy Blog Anniversary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails