Thursday, January 31, 2008

Weekend Madness

My Friday was kinda crazy. Shawn had been gone all week on a business trip to Florida. I really missed having him around, but we did okay. My house was a disaster, and I had plans to get it a lot cleaner so that Shawn wouldn’t have to come home to a mess. Instead the bunk bed that I had ordered ended up being delivered that afternoon (It looks just like this one pictured, except has a twin on the bottom). I wanted to surprise Shawn and get it set up before he came home. So instead of cleaning (like I should have done)…I assembled the bunk bed all by myself (I know...crazy!). I was excited to have it done, and so was Caden…but it would have been a lot easier if I would have just waited for Shawn to help me. I am really happy with it, and Caden loves the fact that he gets to climb a ladder to get into bed.


Putting the bed together also set me back timewise. We had bought tickets to the Princess Wishes – Disney on Ice Show for our nieces for Christmas. I planned on picking them up around 5:30 pm so we could grab a bite to eat before the show. Instead I ended up at their house around 6:15 pm. It ended up okay though…we grabbed some Chinese from a shop around the corner from the arena, gobbled our food down, and still got to the show on time.

The girls and I had a great time. Honestly, I don’t think you can ever go wrong when it comes to Disney. They really know how to put on a show. I have yet to be disappointed in anything they have ever done. It was nice to be able to spend some time with Caroline, and Abby without the distraction of my own children. These girls really are such sweethearts, and I am thankful to be their Aunt.

I hope they had as good of a time as I did.

Saturday was “jam” packed as well. My mom’s birthday was on the 21st so everyone got together for a lunch at Olive Garden. I love spending time with my family. Not everyone was able to make it, but a lot of us were there. My mom turned 65 this year! I can't believe it! She is really a wonderful person, and I am glad that we were able to spend sometime with her. We ate, laughed, and celebrated. Then we had to jet out of there because Shawn and Caden had tickets to the Monster Truck Jam.

Shawn, Caden, Robbie, and Mason all went together. He was really tired, and needed a better nap. They had tickets to go to a Pit Party, but they should have just passed on that, and gone to the actual show that started later in the evening. Instead they were at an overcrowded "Pit" and then had to wait a couple of hours for the actual show to begin. Caden still had a fun time even though most of it was sitting in Shawn's lap trying to fall asleep. It was nice for him and Shawn to be able to spend some one on one time with eachother.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

8 people know I LOVE comments!:

Within These Walls said...

It sounds like you had a very fun but busy weekend. My boys would love to have bunkbeds. We're not sure we want them in the same room yet!

Carina said...

I really love those bunk beds! Great choice, and congrats on setting them up all by yourself. I always set things up before the Hubs gets home too. Craziness.

Andrea said...

We have bunkbeds in the boys' room & girls' room. They LOVE them! And WOW good job putting it together all by yourself! My hubby & I have done that together, so I know how it is.

Looks like you had a fun-filled week & weekend!! Disney on ice, my kids would've loved that too. What a nice Mom/Aunt to do that!

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go on those bunk beds they are so cute and you put them up by yourself! ! and super fun weekend plans. lunch with family! and monster truck jam! wow! daddy son time is pretty fabulous!

Tonya said...

I'm hoping we are getting bunk beds tomorrow! And Disney is the best shows ever.

Heather said...

Nice bunk bed-you carzy girl! Setting it up yourself! But I would have done the same thing, I am glad you have had fun times with the family, Phil went to the Monster Trucks too and said there were tons of people with kids there.

Happy Birthday to your mom, you look just like her!

Webb Family said...

How exciting to get new beds & wow putting them together by yourself! Looks like you had a fun & long week!

sheri said...

That was a fun day. I always enjoy getting together with you guys. The show was really good too. I hope you were able to go see it.

Caden's room looks really big. The bunk bed looks like it will really be fun in there. This month is going to sail. Let me know if you need me for anything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails