Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Who needs pets...I have children!

It never ceases to amaze me at how imaginative children can be. Caden right now believes that he is a dog. Let me rephrase that, he believes he is a dog only when he is eating! This has made things interesting at the table.


The other day he was trying to "lap" water out of MY cup. Instead of getting the leftovers of his lunch in my drink. I put his own water in a bowl so my 'puppy' could drink properly. Caden got a kick out of it!


He likes to eat popcorn the same way. Whenever he gets the chance he attempts to eat things using only his mouth. I think my children are trying to compensate for not having a pet by becoming the pet on their own. In some ways I think he is trying to subconsiously tell us that he needs one. I am just not willing to fulfill that need.

You see...Shawn and I are not "pet people." I can hear you all screaming now....sorry. Don't get me wrong. I do like dogs and cats, but not in my home. I just don't like the pet hair, smell, etc. that they leave behind. When Shawn and I first got married we decided that we wouldn't have pets for that very reason. Little did we know that we would have two children that seem to go ballistic with excitement whenever they see anything that walks on four legs.

Sydney is no exception. She is absolutely ecstatic when she sees them. I laugh whenever we go over to people's houses that have pets. She will run around chasing them screaming at the top of her lungs. I don't know if they appreciate listening to a screaming child, but I find it entertaining.

Sometimes I fear the day when my children actually start to beg for a pet. I know as child I always wanted a kitten. I know it will probably come, and then we will really have to figure out if that is something we can add to our family. Until then I will enjoy having my "pet", and give him all the loving that he desires.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

0 people know I LOVE comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails