Friday, February 9, 2007

The Dutton's

I think this is going to be the year of reconnecting with old friends. It has been so fun this last couple of weeks because we have caught up with alot of friends that we hadn't seen in quite some time. Here is yet another one!

Shawn served a mission in Spain back in June of 1997 to June of 1999. While serving he worked alot with Elder Dutton. Benjamin Dutton. You may or may not have heard of "The Dutton's". They are a famous family out in Branson, Missouri. They have traveled the world putting on shows as a family. Shawn had noticed back at Christmas time that they performed at the Temple, and looked them up on the Internet. He ended up leaving his number, and it was misplaced until earlier this week. Ben got in touch, and hooked us up with tickets to their show tonight.

I didn't know what to expect because I didn't really know too much about them. Shawn said that all the people out in Spain just loved Ben. They had CD's of his family and played them all the time. I was just excited to go and meet one of Shawn's friends. When we arrived...we definitely stood out. I think a large majority of their fan base is "snowbirds" or retirees. We were probably some of the youngest ones in the auditorium.

When the concert started I was pleasantly surprised. It was such a wonderful program. They are such a neat family. There are 7 children in all, and they have been touring the world since 1991 putting on shows everywhere they go. It was really such an entertaining show. I play the violin, but haven't really touched a whole lot since I have had my kids. It really made me miss that part of my life.

It amazing how things change when you have children. I think we all think that we will keep things the same and not give up our lifestyle, but soon find out that is not the case. Things that we once took time to do are sacrificed for our children. Being there made me want to make more time to practice the one thing that consumed my world. I don't think I will ever be famous for my playing, but that is okay.

Ben's sister is an awesome violinist. In fact they all play, but she has won many awards for it. It was amazing to hear her play, and hear how well she plays. I could only dream to be able to play & sing for a living.

They definitely have and amazing life. Out in Branson they have their own theatre, hotel, and Deli! It is quite the production. They have decided to make Arizona their winter home, and will be here 6 months out of the year. It will be nice to be able to see them when they are out here.

It really got me thinking about their lifestyle. It brings a whole new meaning to spending time with family. They purchased two homes to live in when they are out here in AZ. That means that all 7 families live under the same roof for 6 months! Wow! I don't know if I could do something like that. I really admire their family. They are living out a dream, and are able to bask in the joy of it all together.

After the show we went out to The Outback" with Ben, and met his wife Brande. They are great people. It was really fun to listen to the stories that he and Shawn had to share about their missions. I think they had alot of fun reminiscing. Brande is alot of fun, and I can't wait to get to know the two of them better. They will be having a little break in March before they head back to Branson. We hope to get together with their 4 boys, and have some fun!

I have to say that I really enjoyed the evening. I hope that over time they will get better know here. I think that they really can appeal to anyone. I was thourghouly entertained, and hope to go to another show in the near future. In fact, I am trying to talk Shawn into getting tickets to a show in March when they will be at the Mesa Arts Center. I want to bring my mom. She is a Music Teacher and would love this! We will see.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

0 people know I LOVE comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails