Sunday, February 18, 2007

Memories

Shawn had to go Atlanta, GA today for some SAP (computer stuff) training and he will be gone until Friday :(. We were so bummed because they had tried to get him into the same conference a couple a weeks ago that was being held in Philadelphia. When he called me and told me I got so excited! I jumped on the Internet and found a website that listed tons of kid-friendly things that we could do there. Then he was told that there were no more openings, and they booked him for the training that starts tomorrow in GA. *yuck* Sorry if you are reading this and live in Atlanta. I don't really have anything personal against it. The problem is that the closest airport that my airline flys into is about 3 hours away...plus I don't want to be out of town for a whole week before Shawn and I leave for the cruise. I have too much to do! The sad thing is that Shawn will only get to see our babies for one day before we leave for our cruise! It will be practically 2 weeks away from the kids for him. He was pretty bummed, but he really needs to go to the training. The timing just was bad. (But I now have a new found determination to plan a trip to Philly!)

With that being said...we wanted to do something fun with the kids before he left. So on Friday we hopped in the car and went out to dinner at my old stomping grounds - Organ Stop Pizza. It brought back a ton of memories.

I remember when they first started building the restaurant by our house. I was a Junior in High School. They were originally in a different location that was a 10-15 miles west of the new location. I had never been to the original, but my mom told me about it. I play the violin, piano, and I sing. (My mom is a music education major, and instilled the love of music in me.) The restaurant is unique in itself. It seats over 700 people. Has various different instruments hung from the ceiling & walls. All of it is controlled by the organist that is front and center in the dining area. It is an experience you will never forget. As we saw the progression of the construction...I thought...when it is built, I am going to get a job there. I thought it would be so cool to have a job where I am surrounded by music all day. It finally was completed. I applied, got the job and worked there for many, many years.

It was a great place to be. I bussed tables making a little over minimum wage, but I absolutely loved it. I loved listening to the music, singing to the music, and interacting with the customers that came and went. I made many good friendships with co-workers, that I still have to this day! The management was great. Everything about it was wonderful.

When we walked in all the same feelings came back. It was great. We hadn't been there since Caden was a little baby. He was absolutely mesmerized! It was so fun to watch him and Sydney dance to the songs. At one point, Lew - the organist, play Chattanooga Choo Choo. The awesome thing about this is that when he starts out the song - it sounds exactly like a train. I watched as Caden's eyes grew wide. He looked at me in amazement and said, "Mommy! Its a train!" I loved seeing it through his eyes.

We are going to have to go there more often. If you are ever in Arizona this is a place that you must see! I don't think you will be dissapointed!

Shawn is now gone, and the house is quiet with sleeping children. I will miss my honey, but look forward to the time we will be able to share together soon.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

1 people know I LOVE comments!:

An Ordinary Mom said...

It is so fun to cruise down memory lane. Thanks for sharing this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails