Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love Thursday - Daddy & Daughter

I think that most mothers out there always are hoping that someday they will have a girl. One to dress up, to play with, to laugh with, and just plain pamper. Father's, on the other hand, think they want a boy. To play sports with, rough house, and teach them to be "men". Little do they know how much a girl will melt their hearts, and their lives will never be the same.

The day that Sydney was born. I saw it. The gleam in his eye that said that there were now two women in his life. Since they first made eye contact she has had him wrapped so tightly around his heart strings. There is a bond that will forever be intact.

As he stood there holding the small, precious bundle in his arms. I can only imagine what he was thinking. This new life that we made was finally here. She was a quiet baby, and still is very mellow. As Shawn held her, she didn't really cry. Just stared up into his eyes.

Over this past year it has been fun to watch their relationship grow. As Sydney has developed, so has her undying affection for her Daddy! One of the things that I love the most is when Shawn gets home from work. All I have to do is tell her "Daddy's home," and she drops everything and runs to the door. The grin on her face when she sees him is overflowing with joy. It kinda reminds me of a song that they sing in primary.


Daddy's Homecoming

I’m so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be;

Clap my hands and shout for joy,

Then climb upon his knee,

Put my arms around his neck,

Hug him tight like this,

Pat his cheeks,

then give him what?

A great big kiss.

She practically could have written this song herself. There is just something about a relationship that a daughter has with her father. Something that I don't think I could ever fulfill. I am thankful that she has a great dad. I look foward to her growing through the years, and watching as she continues to "Rule the World" in Fatherland. I truly think Shawn would do anything for her. He loves her so much! But then again who would be able to say "No" to her!


Go and spread some Love today! Hopefully you have some left over from yesterday! To find some more luvin' photo's go to "Love is All Around"

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

3 people know I LOVE comments!:

bonggamom said...

Sounds like the relationship my husband has with my daughter! Happy love thursday!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Beautiful post! Your husband sounds like a wonderful father to your precious daughter and I am sure that just tickles you pink!

PastormacsAnn said...

How could she not have him wrapped around her little finger with such an adorable face and fantastic smile? There is something special about a daddy and his girl. Happy LT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails