Saturday, February 10, 2007

So Glad its Over!

It was a crazy day! I am the Activities Chairperson in my ward at church. What does that mean, you may ask? I get to plan activities about every other month to entertain about 60-100 people for a couple of hours. When I first was asked to do this I thought..."Cool, I get to plan parties! I love parties!" Little did I know how much work is involved, and how hard it is to actually enjoy yourself when they are going on.

We had a "Valentines Dinner". The theme was "Love Will Keep Us Together". It was a great evening we had a great time, but I am so glad that it is over! My morning started out early. My committee and I met down at the church at 8 am to decorate and set up the gym for the evening. We were there for a couple of hours, and I got home around 11:30. Shawn had to leave for a meeting shortly afterwards. I spent the next couple of hours trying to get last minute things together, shower, and then wait for Shawn to get home. When Shawn got home I ran around for about an hour picking up stuff for the party. Got home and had to get back to the church by 4:30 pm. We had a pretty good turn out considering there was so much going on that weekend, and everything went smoothly. We ate dinner, and then had about 4 couples participate in a "Newlywed Game" They were pretty entertaining. I think everyone had fun.

The game was so fun to watch. Shawn acted as the Emcee, and asked all the questions. We had a range of different couples. Some had been married a few years, others had been married over 40 years. It is so interesting to watch people. I am a people watcher. I like to see how they interact. I hope in 50 years I can look back and laugh just as much as I do everyday with my husband. He is my comic relief everyday. I love him so much, and am thankful to have him in my life.

So I have one party down, and 5 more events left! I hope that I can plan things that can bring us together, and have fun...and not die of stress in the process! I am going to go fall over now!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

2 people know I LOVE comments!:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of work but I'm sure you're perfect for the job.

Anonymous said...

It's a whole new world when you find out what it's like to plan the things that go on at church. I used to just show up and enjoy, I now have respect for who ever fought to make it happen! I'm sure you did great!! Now you get to look forward to the next one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails