Friday, February 9, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday - Valentines Day: Chocolate Edition

When I saw this I thought I would have to participate this week because I love CHOCOLATE! I also love Peanut Butter...I think the combination is God's Gift from heaven! I came across this recipe awhile back from Kraft Foods.com I just had to try it! If you like chocolate and peanut butter...this is for you! I will type out the recipe on this post or you can follow the link above to get the recipe off of the site itself. Enjoy!!!

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Ribbon Dessert

Ingredients:
12 NUTTER BUTTER Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, divided
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted


Preparation:

CRUSH 8 of the cookies in resealable plastic bag with rolling pin. Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of foil-lined 9x5-inch loaf pan.

MIX cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into small bowl. Stir in melted chocolate until well blended; set aside. Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust. Top evenly with chocolate mixture; cover with remaining cream cheese mixture.

FREEZE 4 hours or overnight until firm. Invert onto plate. Remove foil, then re-invert onto serving platter so that crumb layer is on bottom. Coarsely break the remaining 4 cookies. Top dessert with remaining whipping topping and cookies.

If you would like to Double the Recipe Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside. Prepare recipe as directed, using the 1 tub (12 oz.) whipped topping but increasing the vanilla to 1 Tbsp. and doubling all remaining ingredients. Do not invert dessert to remove from pan but lift dessert from pan using foil handles. Cut into bars to serve. Makes 24 servings, one bar each.

BTW - You don't have to use the name brand ingredients. They just use them in their recipe because they are all Kraft products!

Hop on over to Overwhelmed with Joy for more yummy recipes!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

5 people know I LOVE comments!:

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I noticed this recipe too and it looked delicious! Thanks for sharing it with everyone. :)

Thanks so much, Crissy, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Valentine’s Day chocolate edition recipe exchange. I’m having so much fun with this one!

Annie said...

This looks delicious!
Hope you have a blessed Friday!
Annie

Phae-Jae said...

I gained two pounds just reading that! Yum, I do believe chocolate and PB were inspired!
This is my first stop on your site, I'll be back!

Rae said...

Yummo! Chocolate & peanut butter is my favorite combo too, that dessert looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine's Day! =)

Miss Notesy said...

I can't wait to try this. Hubs loves Nutter Butters!

Related Posts with Thumbnails