Thursday, March 20, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week Eleven

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Eleven

As a child, I don't think I ever fully appreciated my mother. When I was little, I know I adored her. She came to my school once a week and taught music on Fridays. She was alot of fun, and really instilled a love for music in my heart. As I got older, as most children do, I started to pull away. My mom wasn't as 'cool', and of course I was so much wiser than her (wink, wink). One thing was for sure, I didn't really understand how much she really cared for me. Now don't get me wrong, I knew that she loved me, but at the same time I didn't really comprehend how much. It wasn't until I had my own children that I understood the love that she has for me. Having children has given me such a different perspective of the different sacrifices that my mom has made for me, and how deeply I know that she loves me.

She teaches music at a school here in town, and happened to have spring break right after I had Thomas. She had alot of other things going on, but was able to make it over here on Thursday to help out a bit. I can't begin to express how thankful that I was to have her here. She spent the majority of the day picking up my house, doing my laundry, dishes, and taking care of my kids. I know that my mom wished that she could stay longer, and felt bad that she couldn't do more. I have to say that even though she felt that she did so little...it meant alot. More than she will ever be able to understand.

I love my mom so much. She is one of the most christlike persons that I know. She is so good at finding the good in everyone. I know I have said things to her that have hurt her feelings. I can be quite critical at times. I just hope she knows that I love her with all of my heart.

Mothers really are wonderful blessings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

2 people know I LOVE comments!:

Crazymamaof6 said...

yup! mothers are a fave blessing of mine. we all did the teenager thing. it's par for the course. glad you appreciate the love now.

Andrea said...

That was awesome to have your Mom help! Don't we all think we're much smarter than our parents as teenagers? ha ha

I think it takes us all having our own kids to understand what a Mom goes thru & how much they care & want the best for us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails