Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Weekend

I know that I should have taken it easy, and stayed home with little Thomas. I couldn't help but join in all the fun festivities of Easter. The day started out with our Ward Easter Breakfast and Egg Hunt. We headed over to the church around 9. We enjoyed yummy pancakes, and then they had the egg hunt. It is always fun to watch my kids as they run around filling their baskets. Sydney wanted to open each egg that she found, and devour it right then and there. Caden was more determined to pack his basket with as much eggs as possible.

Later in the day we went over to a park near my Aunt Sheri's house for BBQ with her family. It was nice to see my cousins and all of their kids. Sheri is my mom's only sister so when I was growing up we spent every holiday with the Whiting's. Now that we are all older, married, with lots of kids...we rarely get together anymore. I really enjoyed catching up with them. The kids had a blast at the park. After a bit we went over to Sheri's house, and they had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. After the hunt they gathered all the kids for a group photo. I had to laugh so hard because Caden pulled his infamous "I am not going to let you take a picture of me!" He was not happy about this photo opportunity.

After our long day we drove home, and even though it was late we had to give the kids a bath. We are sooo lucky to have 8 am church so it is imperative to get bathed the night before. I then stayed up way too late making Sydney her bows for her Easter dress (yes I am a procrastinator). I was pretty happy at how they turned out.
The next morning came way too fast. Despite my efforts to have everything ready the night before we still ended up being a half hour late to church! I really think that 8 o'clock church should be outlawed! Some people thought I was crazy to bring Thomas to church when he was only two weeks, but I am glad I went. It was so nice to be there for Easter Sunday. I was thankful to be able to feel the spirit, and focus on the real meaning of the holiday.

After church we went over to Nancy's. She hosts Easter every year because Noah's birthday is on April 2nd. She calls it Noah's Easter Birthday party. My sisters house is every kids dream. I love it because once I show up there... my kids are off playing, and I can enjoy socializing with my family, and not have to worry about them. It was great to spend time with my family. After eating we had another egg hunt, and then just hung out some more. My kids played so hard that they passed out within minutes of us leaving Nancy's.

Easter was a great time for us. Thank you for all of your suggestions of what to do to make it more Christ centered. I hope to incorporate more of those ideas next year. I hope that your Easter was wonderful!


Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

12 people know I LOVE comments!:

Crazymamaof6 said...

holy cow! your bows look great! i can't believe you went to church easter or not. and Sounds like you had a busy fun time! WHOOHOO for the egg hunts!

sherry said...

Sydney and Caden must have made out like bandits with two egg hunts! I can't believe you squeezed so much into two days. When were you even able to nurse the baby? With all of that craziness, I hope you were able to enjoy it!

sheri said...

It was a fun day and glad you were able to come over. Caden was pretty funny. He'll like those pictures someday.

Katie said...

Your kids look so so cute! Looking at Thomas is making me more and more excited for September! Glad you are doing well. After having a few kids you just really start to feel the itch to get out sooner than you ever would have with your first. Not to mention less paranoid ;)

Two little lovebirds said...

Crystal your kiddos are adorable!! Little Thomas is such a cutie!! I am glad to hear that you all are doing well :)

Susie said...

Seriously? I think you are super MOM and I want to be you!
How do you do all of this with a newborn?
Your family is gorgeous and I am really happy for you that you got to spend such a happy Easter with them!

Within These Walls said...

I love the Easter pictures! Thomas looks so cute in his little outfit. The bows turned out so pretty!

Arnell Family said...

Such cute kid-os! They look so sharp all dressed up!

Dizzy Kate said...

Caden is hilarious. He cracks me up. I'm so happy you had so much fun on Easter. Say hi to Jenny from me, she is so sweet.

Casey said...

I love the BOWS! & all your kids look so cute! Sydney's dress is fantastic & the bows match perfectly! Thomas already looks like a little man!

Dan and Jan said...

Excellent job on the bows, they look awesome!

Andrea said...

Your kids are so adorable!! Your bows turned out fabulous! Ok, so I think Caden looks like Shawn and Sydney looks just like you. And Thomas - he's such a cutie!!! Love the Easter outfits! You were busy!

I agree - 8am church should not be allowed! We can NEVER make it on time! We try, but just can't do it! How many more months til January so we can switch to 11:00? LOL :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails