Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I am still here

Hey peoples! Yes...I am still here with a big ol' tummy. I am hoping that today might be the day, but we will see. The kids are getting so excited about this babies arrival. Last night at the dinner table Caden turned to Shawn and said, "Daddy, aren't you sooo excited for our baby to come?" It was the cutest thing to come out of his mouth.

This past week he has wanted to look at my blog to see the ticker and how 'big' the baby has gotten. He even wanted to look at pictures of him and Sydney when they were born. So we pulled up the files, and was looking through the pictures. I debated putting these pictures up because the ones from Caden's are hideous...but I was amazed at how different I looked.

My new found blog friend, Cindy of The Reed Clan, recently left me a sweet comment on how she thinks about me every time she forces herself to exercise. It made me feel good to be able to motivate someone. I really have to say that I feel that exercising during my last two pregnancies has been the best thing that I have ever done. Even on the days that I felt like crap...when I made myself go...it really made a difference. I think it really helped me from getting any water retention, and made my recovery so much better. I can't say I really enjoyed exercising everyday, but I feel like it really helped.

So don't laugh, but here are the pictures of me after I had Caden, and then after I had Sydney. Keep in mind that I started at same pre-pregnancy weight with both of them. I didn't exercise at all with Caden, but went to the gym regulary with Sydney. I also wasn't kicking my tail when I exercised either...I went to yoga two days a week, and then the other three I would walk at a leisurly pace on the the elliptical or treadmill. I think the main thing was just keeping my body moving!


Hopefully we can add another picture here soon. I am crossing my fingers that I can go into labor on my own today! Wish me luck!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

19 people know I LOVE comments!:

Crazymamaof6 said...

you looked great in both. just more tired in the first. IMO.
good luck. here's hoping for you! can't wait to know what you are having. seriously longest wait ever. kidding . but good luck.

Maranda Whittle said...

How exciting, you're getting close! I had a c-section with both of my boys, so I don't know what it's like to be waiting around! Good luck!

Carina said...

Here's hoping.....!



I look awful in my immediately post-Zaya picture. They had pumped me full of three or four bags of fluid, I had gained 45 lbs with him not counting that fluid, and I was dangerously anemic, so white as a ghost. Lovely!

*katie said...

Good luck!! I hope it happens today for you!!

Tonya said...

Ok you can go into labor today but you can't have the baby until after midnight. I believe I picked the 6th of March...hehehe. Just kidding! I'll be praying for you.

Amz said...

I hope you can go on your own too...I've heard it is so hard to be induced. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim and Brooke said...

I wish you the very best and easiest labor possible! It has been so fun to be keeping in touch with you through our blogging! You have always been so cute for as long as I have known you and still very much are!
Brooke

Carl and Starla said...

Well, for heaven's sakes! When is that baby going to come! I think it is punishing you for not finding out what it is and it doesn't like everyone calling it an "it". ha! ha! Anyway, I really hope you go into labor tonight and get that baby out of you...looks like "hotel mom" is a little too comfortable.

Lara said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure everything will go fine. I was induced with my first two and all was well. I was still nervous about it though so with my third I waited till I went into labor on my own a week late. It was worth it because I finally got to go natural. That just wasn't possible with the inductions.

Have fun!

KellyAnn said...

Good luck. I am so excited for you. Babies are wonderful.

Isn't it amazing what exercise can do??

Jenifer said...

Good luck! I'm excited to see what you are having! i hope everything goes smooth!

Suzanne said...

Not that you will see this anytime soon.... Good luck today! I was induced with both of my babies. I hope that everything goes well for you. I can't wait to see if your baby is a boy or girl. Congratulations!
Suzanne

Tawni said...

I soooooooooo agree with you on the excercising!! With Gunner I exercised before and during my pregnancy and I looked and felt sooo much better. I wish I could say I did it again with Saige, but I didn't, I was lazy on that one, believe me, i'm paying for it now.Ü
I gained more weight with Hunter & Saige, and I think that is a big reason why.
Plus, when I am exercising, I eat healthier, when I don't, I eat like crap. That probably played a part in it too!
Good luck, hope all goes well with this one.

An Ordinary Mom said...

I can't wait to hear your good news!

Pam said...

Wishing you luck with the new baby!!!

Kim said...

She is in the hospital right now. So some time tonight we will have a baby. I am so excited for you Crystal and can't wait to find out what it is!!!

Heather said...

Happy thoughts coming your way!

You look beautiful and your hair was crazy long with Caden. Good luck!

Cindy Reed said...

Yay!! I just got online to check your blog and lo and behold -- you've had your baby!! Congratulations! And thank-you for YOUR sweet comment about MY exercising comment! You TRULY have inspired me to exercise! (I'm still going at it -- and still feeling awful. But, I know it'll pay off and it does make me feel better!) I'm so glad that everything went well with your delivery and that little Thomas has arrived. He looks totally perfect in every way! I hope you are feeling good and getting rest! Congratulations!! :o)

Doctors in India said...

Thanks for knowing exactly when to tell me what I want to hear, when I want to hear it the most.

Related Posts with Thumbnails