Sunday, March 30, 2008

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Thirteen

It may be hard to believe, but we didn't enter the 'DVR' world until a few months ago. I used to have to figure out what show we wanted to record, if it would actually be on, set the timer on the VCR, and then hope that I remembered to put in a tape so that it would actually record. Then we started downloading them from Mininova. The site was pretty cool. We download most of 'our shows' in a Divx format that we would then burn them onto a disc and watch it on our TV. This worked out pretty well, but the thing that I didn't like about it is the fact that we couldn't really get to watch the show until a day later because it would take a couple of hours to download. Then Shawn decided he wanted to get a new HD TV. That is when Shawn started looking into different options of getting HD reception. After alot of research we ended up getting a Tivo.

I now don't know how we lived with out it. It really rocks! Now that I am nursing...the TV is my friend. It is so nice to have a plethora of shows that I can tune into. Commercials are things of the past, and I don't have to watch another episode of the Doodlebops ever again! I am so thankful to have this wonderful device. It makes things so much easier!

If you would like to visit other peoples 'blessings' just go to Gardenview Cottage for a list of participants!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

17 people know I LOVE comments!:

KellyAnn said...

I just laughed when I saw your tivo picture. I to am very grateful for it. It is absolutely amazing what technology has done for us.

Webb Family said...

I begged for DVR 3 years ago when my twins were born. And, you are right it makes life great! But, now when we go to the movies or listening to the radio we want to rewind or fast forward. Great blessing!

Tonya said...

You've got me beat! We still use the VCR method. I am thinking when they change all the tv's in 2009 we will get it maybe! But our desk top computer just crashed so that is the next big purchase.

Staci said...

My parents gave us Tivo a couple Christmas's ago(when they still offered lifetime) & we LOVE it! I love that I don't have to watch commercials & feel like I only watch the shows that I actually WANT to watch! glad u joined the Tivo world!

Katie said...

tivo is the BEST! I feel that we actually watch less tv now. the things our kids will never know...like sitting threw commercials.

Andrea said...

TOTALLY!! We have a DVR and I couldn't imagine being without it now. I used to do the whole tape/vcr recording thing. Not anymore. I love it! Now I can watch my shows whenever I want. AND skip thru all the commercials! YAY!! Great post!

Also, LOVE your new blog look! Pretty Easter/spring colors! You have such darling kids!!! What a sweet happy family :)

By the way, I'm having a little contest on my blog & I'm picking 3 random winners on Friday. If you want to enter, go here:
http://the-dickinsons.blogspot.com/2008/03/pay-it-forward.html

Kathryn said...

I love being able to record shows. I watched all of the season's of Alias when I was nursing the girls because they would air like 5 episodes in the middle of the night and I could record them.

Suzanne said...

That is so cute! I love my DVR too! I told T.J. that I wanted a DVR and wireless headset when my baby was born. That way I could watch tv while nursing in the middle of the night and not wake anyone else up. It is awsome!! Thomas is adorable. I hope that you are doing well!

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenifer said...

I went the DVR route and LOVE it!

Unknown said...

Oh do I agree 100%!!!! It is an awesome thing that I don't know how we lived WITH OUT it!

Julie said...

I totally heart my TIVO.

Unknown said...

We just got our DVR a few months ago. I LOVE IT! How come I didn't get this a long time ago???

Emy5 said...

Your are way ahead of me (along with a lot of others) with Tivo. But maybe I should start working on my husband about it?!

Casey said...

LOL, I love love love my tivo! I even put Tivo on our christmas ornament this year :) Enjoy your new friend! :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

We don't have one :( SO happy for you, I know when I was nursing, it seemed that I was pretty much stuck on the couch for a good length of time... nice to have something to watch! :)

Cindy Price said...

We recently got DVR with our satellite and love it!! Wonderful invention!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails