Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Special Thanks

So obviously I have been MIA. For some reason I have been rather pre-occupied. :) I actually had a handful of posts that I have been working on and finally got them finished...so be sure to scroll down.

I just wanted to shout out a special thanks to a few people that I love dearly.

First of all, I wanted to thank my wonderful sisters. Nancy and Cathy are 8 and 6 years older than me. Despite the age difference, we are very close, and I am so thankful to have them in my life. Nancy has been at all 3 of my childrens births, and Cathy has been at the last 2. They are great coaches, photographers, and videographers. :)

I also wanted to thank my bestest friends in the world. Julie & Robbie were kind enough to let us dump our kids off at their house when we went to have Thomas. As you already know, it took a little bit longer for Thomas to come so they ended up spending the night there too. They had a super time playing at your house (as evidence here). I really don't know what I would do without you guys in my life.

Of course I have to thank Shawn. I know I have been an emotional roller coaster during these few weeks post partum. I guess it makes for some fun memories. I know it has been hard trying to juggle work, and our new addition. I am just thankful to share this new spirit with you. I love you, and am grateful to have you as my husband.

Last of all, I touched on this in my 52 Blessings post, but I want to say it again. Thank you so much Mom for coming to my aid this past week. It was the highlight of my week, and so much appreciated. I love you very much.

Anyhoo, things here are going well. Shawn is back to work, and life is starting to get somewhat normal. I have yet to really venture out by myself, but I am sure that day will come soon. Thomas is cute as a button, and the kids are really loving having him as part of our family.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

14 people know I LOVE comments!:

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo you are back! love all the posts! and isn't helpful family FABULOUS! what great sisters you have . and whoohoo for your mom being able to come help on her spring break a little. every little bit helps, and moms always know what to do!

KellyAnn said...

Your life seems to be so complete. The pictures in the lower posts are adorable. Your kids are so cute.

Smithfamily said...

Welcome back we have missed hearing from you...

Jenifer said...

I can't believe you got all these posts in! Your family is so beautiful, I can tell you have a wonderful spirit of love in your home. I loved reading about all of your blessings. Thanks for doing the random facts! It's fun to get to know you! Maybe this summer you can head up to the Grand Canyon! ;]

An Ordinary Mom said...

Thanks for all the posts! I can't believe how big Thomas is getting!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

this was such a fun post for me- to see current pics of your sisters and mom! they take me back to the good 'ol days in 55th ward!
your baby looks so cute in his easter clothes- actually all your kids do!! hope you're doing well with new baby and this life change!!

Becky said...

Way to go with all the posts!! And don't worry - in a few more weeks, you will be shopping, running errands and wondering why you thought doing all those things would be any different with 3 kids. It will be a piece of cake! I know I am crazy, but I always went to sacrament meeting the week my kids were born. After all that time being couped up at home, I HAD to get out. I didn't ever let anyone hold them until they were at least 4 weeks, though. (Yes, I had them on a Tues, Wed, or Thursday, so they were only a couple of days old. But my argument was that the baby was just as likely to catch germs from my KIDS who rode the school bus as they were to catch anything sitting in sacrament meeting for an hour!!)

Anyway - just wanted you to know how adorable your little man Thomas is! Such a great addition to your already beautiful family!!

**And take it easy!! I remember that having three was the biggest adjustment (after that, you're a pro!!)

Becky in Georgia
(And I laughed at the fact that you're related to the Whitings - so am I, but then I think the Stradling's are pretty much related to EVERYONE in Mesa. hahaha)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are both doing well! OMG it is crazy to see your sisters...I have not seen them since I was a little girl. Man, has it been that long??

What a lucky girl you are to have all the help you have had. I didn't venture out on my own after my third...or quite a while...but it get's easier. Then comes #4! ;)

Tawni said...

how cute! glad you had lots of help! you gotta love moms! Mine was here for almost 1 week and kept the kids while brian stayed with me in the hospital. the kids had soo much fun, we'll have to try that one again next time maybe.

Susie said...

Thomas is amazing. What an incredible family. You are really a blessed person--the people in your life are sooooo lucky to have you!

I love your blog--it makes me want to be a nicer, more loving person. You also brought me to the shabby princess which is my new fave hobby.
Well crissybug--I'm glad I found your little part of the world. I'll be back often!

Kylie said...

Yea for good sisters, friends, husbands and moms!! What would we do without them!?! And most importantly for cute little babies!!! Ü

Cindy Reed said...

What a cutie your little bambino is! He is growing already! You have such a cute family! I'm glad you are doing well, and back to life!!

Dizzy Kate said...

He is beautiful. I'm glad you got the help that every mom deserves after giving birth. It can be a hard adjustment. You are an amazing mom and a wonderful friend to everyone. I'm so happy for you and Shawn!

Bowman Family said...

Thomas is so adorable!!! I am glad you are back in the blogging world. I feel like such a slacker... I started the 52 blessings project and only made it to week 3 or 4. Maybe I will start it up again.
Congrats on the new addition!
Love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails