Monday, March 3, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week Nine

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Nine
This week will mark the 5 year anniversary of moving into our current home so I only thought it would be appropriate to have it be my blessing this week. As I look back 5 years ago, moving really wasn't something that we were in a rush to do. We had a condo in Tempe, and had always planned on living there until we were having our second child.

My sister is a realtor, and gave me her password to her mls account. I am always fascinated with homes, and from time to time would compile a list of homes that I thought would be nice to look at. I had just found out that I was pregnant with Caden. Yet, like I said we weren't really planning on moving, but one Saturday we thought we would go around and look at the 15 or 20 houses that I had compiled. We thought it would be a good idea to look at alot of different houses so when it came time to actually buy we would know what we really wanted. We looked at so many houses that day, but when we walked into 'our' house, we just knew that this was where we were supposed to be. So even though we weren't planning on it, we made an offer on the house...and it was accepted!

Here we were a single couple only a few months pregnant moving into a 5 bedroom house! I know many people thought we were crazy because it was much larger than what we really needed. In fact, Shawn gave me a hard time because it was at the top of the price range of what we were wanting to spend. Over the years, the housing market has changed so much. We are now so thankful that we bought when we did. It has been such a blessing to have a home in which we can grow, and know that we got it at a much more affordable price. I love our home. It has been such a wonderful blessing, and hopefully we can stay here forever. I really couldn't have asked for anything better (except I still would like to change the kitchen *wink, wink*).

If you would like to visit other peoples 'blessings' just go to Gardenview Cottage for a list of participants.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

13 people know I LOVE comments!:

Webb Family said...

Being in a home & neighborhood you love is a wonderful blessing!

Smithfamily said...

Were are very glad you moved in when you did. We like seeing our kids grow up together, even if we are not in the same ward anymore

sherry said...

Check your math, sweetie, you've been here 5 years. Caden is 41/2 and you were pregnant with him when you moved in.

We're glad you moved here too. You guys have been great neighbors and friends.

Abbie said...

I just keep checking your blog every day now just to see if you have had that baby. It was great timing to buy your house before the market there went crazy.

Jenifer said...

What a beautiful home! You are very blessed you bought when you did. Unfortunately, we moved here at the peak of the housing market:[

Wendi said...

It was fun reading this post. We had a similar experience, and have been in our house almost 5 years too. (and hubby just made a bunch of changes in our kitchen this summer)

Amz said...

A home you love is a wonderful thing. Yours is truly a blessing in more ways than one. Good luck with your new little bundle! I'll be watching your blog...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely house!! We are definitely thankful that we bought our house when we did, although we're quickly outgrowing it. One bathroom for five people is not fun!

Heather said...

Your home is wonderful! Love that you have room to grow.

Crazymamaof6 said...

lucky! how fabulous you bought at the right time. and big enough to not have to move every time you have a kid. and heck if you could afford it then that is even more awesome.

Cindy Reed said...

Wow -- that IS a great blessing to have bought your home when you did and to have room to grow -- especially now that #3 is on the way!! :o)

By the way, I think about you everyday when I force myself to exercise! You have motivated me and I have been so determined to exercise with this pregnancy. And, it has definitely helped me feel better!! Thank-you!

Tonya said...

Your house looks super cute! I can understand what a blessing a house is as we bought our first house 3 1/2 years ago.

Carl and Starla said...

Ok, so that baby needs to make his/her debut! Anyway, I hope that you get some relief soon. Nice house...I understand about seeing a house and knowing that it is "yours". Make sure you let us all know when that baby decides to join the great Aker fam.

Related Posts with Thumbnails