Sunday, February 17, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week Seven

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Seven
I never was one to exercise. In fact, up until 3 years ago, I didn't. It wasn't that I was happy with my body, but it just wasn't a habit. Growing up, I was more involved in music, and didn't really put much time into physical activity. That is what is nice about being young...it didn't seem to matter. I could eat whatever I wanted, and still stay somewhat thin. Well, as everything does...it caught up with me. I had just found out that I was pregnant with Sydney. I somehow had miraculously lost all the pregnancy weight that I had gained with Caden (I think he sucked it out of me:), but still was not where I would like to be. I just didn't want to gain as much weight again. A couple of people in my ward (local church congregation) worked at a gym nearby, and talked about how great it was. I finally got off my tush, and signed up.

I am so thankful that I did. Incorporating exercise into my life is one of the best things I have ever done. This week I am so thankful that I can afford to have a gym membership. I feel like if I bought a treadmill or elliptical machine for my home...it would sit there and collect dust because my kids wouldn't let me on it! The best thing about my gym is that they have a terrific childcare. I love going knowing that my kids are having fun and are well cared for. It is wonderful to be able to spend at least an hour kid free while doing something that helps to keep me healthy. Although I am not trying to lose weight right now, it still is great to go. My day just isn't the same if we don't.

If you would like to visit other peoples 'blessings' just go to Gardenview Cottage for a list of participants!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

10 people know I LOVE comments!:

Pam said...

I love the gym now. My husband and I go every Tue. Thurs. It's nice to exercise and spend a little child free time with him. Great blessing.

Cindy Price said...

I NEED to find a good gym!! It's great that you are getting exercise!!!

KellyAnn said...

Kind of funny...I just about used exercise as my blessing for the week and then decided to wait until next week. But, I hear ya, it really makes a difference in life.

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go on that. i need to get a membership and yeah it has always been a money and time issue for me. i should make this a priority. can you email me and tell what gym you go to. so i can have the great child care?
great blessing.

natalielange said...

good for you! i need to find that kind of motivation. I know i will........some day!

sherry said...

And now you look hot!;)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Someday I hope be as cool as you and actually get up off my tusch! :)

Emy5 said...

That's good that you have the habit of exercising. I struggle with that on and off.

Cindy Reed said...

Thanks for this wonderful post!! You've motivated me to get off my tush and start exercising again! I'm 11 weeks pregnant, and have been feeling AWFUL! So...I quit exercising about a month or so ago, and feel even more awful! So...maybe exercise will help me get past this early stage of pregnancy sickness and feel better about my ever-expanding body!! uugh! Thanks!

Andrea said...

I haven't been going to the gym lately on a regular basis, but totally need to. I forget what a blessing it is to be able to go to the gym. It's always so nice to be kid free for a little while and do something positive for myself.

Great post!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails