Friday, February 22, 2008

Waiting

The nice thing about people who have to have a c-section is that you can plan ahead. The surgery is scheduled, a date is given. There doesn't have to be anyone 'on call' for when you go into labor because everyone already knows when it is going to happen. The kids are taken care of, and there isn't as much 'panic' that can happen when a person actually goes into labor.

I don't really want to ever have a c-section, but I sure hate the 'waiting' phase of pregnancy. I went to the doctor today for my weekly check-up. I am about 80% effaced and dilated to 1 1/2 cm....which was the same from last week. So no progress. I was a little bummed, but what can I expect, I am two weeks from my estimated due date. I had him strip my membranes, but who knows if it will actually do anything.

Throughout this whole pregnancy I have talked about how I don't really want to have my baby on the 29th because then the baby will only REALLY be able to celebrate their birthday every 4 years. My next appointment is on the 29th, and if I haven't gone into labor by then...my doctor will probably strip my membranes again. With my luck I will go into labor that day, and have this baby. As with everything, I will have to wait and see.

I can't complain too much because, for the most part, I am doing pretty well. I am able to do pretty much everything I would want to do. I am uncomfortable, but still functioning. There is little things that I could still get done. I just have to keep telling myself that it is okay that I haven't had this baby yet. I just don't want to make it to my due date. There is just something about hitting that day, even though I know it is just 'estimated', that depresses me. If it does happen...it will be okay, but I am hoping that it doesn't. In the meantime...I will be waiting!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

22 people know I LOVE comments!:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

darn! i was hoping for better news!!

Jenifer said...

I had my youngest on 2/28/00. I was just panicked thinking it would hit on leap day. My doctor said a lot of women were being induced on that day! You look so cute! Good luck!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Well I hope for your sake that he/she makes their presence known sooner rather than later :) !! I can't wait to find out what you are having. Do you have names picked out?

Crazymamaof6 said...

HOLY COW! you are tiny. you probably don't feel tiny but you look great! anyway now! have you tried all the wives tales? chocolate? sex? walking? bumpy rides? castor oil? spicy food? certain herbal remedies? not that i try anything but the first two. but still. good luck! can't wait to hear what you are having. whoohoo! but really you look fabulous!

KellyAnn said...

My daughter was born on the 28th. I was glad it wasn't leap year because I have a thing about the 29th also. Good luck with everything. You are almost there!!!

Tonya said...

I agree with crazymamaof6, however I can attest that number 2 works the best. Not very fun or easy but it works! You do look great also. About the 29th my husband thinks it would be so cool to be born on Feb 29th!

Carina said...

My little guy's due date was the 28th of the last leap year we had. Luckily he wasn't born until the 3rd of March.

Rosie said...

I think you are such a cute pregnant momma! I just love my new babies. They are such a gift.
Try to not worry so much about when the baby will come. Get a few extra things done around the house. Make a few freezer meals. Clean out a closet or two. Do a couple of things that bug you that once the little one comes you won't be able to do!

Tawni said...

Your stomache really doesnt look that big at alL! i get sooo big! This is when I had Saige, not to depress you at all, but she came 2 weeks early, it was the awesomest thing ever! It seriously took forever to click that she was actually coming and when she was 2 wks old I remember thinking, I'm suppose to still be pregnant now, it was wierd!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Look at that cute baby bump.

All my babies were overdue except one who came three days early. He never lets any of the others forget it. One was two weeks late! Two were one week late. Doctors don't let that happen anymore but it was okay. They came fine.

Melanie said...

I know you probably hate hearing this when you feel huge, but you look so cute!! You look so small for 38 weeks! But I know how uncomfortable you are. Hang in there!

Kylie said...

You are so super cute pregnant! I think you need to have 12 kids since you look so great!!!

sherry said...

I agree, you look great. And I saw you in person just today! C section isn't the answer. You need to talk your doctor into inducing you early. That is the key. You are on the 3rd baby, so your labor will be pretty easy. You are way more patient than I am. To me, 38 weeks IS my due date. Get it out! Tell him your miserable. The baby is big enough. It will work. I know you won't do it because patience is one of your virtues. ;)Crossing my fingers that she will decide to come early like little miss Syd.

Timid Scorpion said...

I know how you feel to a point. I agree that sex is the best thing to try when wanting to induce it works. With my little girl my due date came and went my cousin that was expecting the same time due after me had her baby on my due date. I was so depress but in the end she came on the best day ever Mothers day well it fell on that day. Keep it up when everyone ready the baby will come.

Carl and Starla said...

Ok, yes you don't necessarily have the "waiting" game going on with a c-section, but I would much rather wait and not know then go through a c-section recovery...at least the way my recoveries go. I can't walk standing straight up for a good month! Anyway, Skye wasn't a planned c-section so I actually did go through the waiting process with her and I will tell you, Taebo works great to get labor going...I just kept doing those work-outs and the contractions just kept coming...try it!

Pam said...

I hate the waiting game too...

I hope you have a short and painless delivery. Or at least you can imagine it that way.

Melanie and Will said...

bummer there was no progress! I think I'm getting as anxious as you are! lol...probably not. I'm very excited for you though! Can't wait!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

You have such a cute little tummy! Sorry about the no progress :( {My first was nearly 2 weeks late my 2nd induced 3 days late, 3rd induced 2 days early the twins were 20 days early -- which is on time for twins.} Hope your little wants to meet the world soon!

Katie said...

Your belly doesn't look big enough to be 38 weeks! You are so cute! Just be patient. I know it's hard, but they are worth the wait. And if you are worried about having a baby on the 29th then maybe you shouldn't get your membranes stripped that day? Good luck and I can't wait to see your baby!

Lara said...

You're so close! I always go a week over and it is pure torture. Good luck!

Sherri said...

I agree with Katie about the membranes thing. Never had it done, but sounds fun:). My 3rd came 6 days over, which was pure torture for me, and the day after my bday -the little girl I thought was a boy -but just having that surprise made it all worth it. Can't wait to hear when it all happens.

Heather said...

Your bump is so cute and perky! Good luck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails