Thursday, February 28, 2008

Visiting Teaching

There are times when I am a better Visiting Teacher than others. Right now is not one of those times. For those of you who aren't members of the church, Visiting Teaching is a program within the Relief Society where you are paired up with another woman, and 2 to 3 other women to visit monthly. I love visiting teaching, and think that it really is so important, but sometimes fall short of doing it. Anyway, my cousin Lori sent me this in an email the other day, and I just thought it was so funny. It is about 8 or 9 minutes long, but so worth the watch. Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

14 people know I LOVE comments!:

Andrea said...

I LOVE that! I have only read it in an email but never seen a video for it. I thought the "Family Affair" was funny (where they brought their hundred kids with them). ha ha. I've had times where I had to bring all 4 of my kids with me and I feel like that must be how it looks. BUT I don't let them touch stuff and if they happen to make a mess, I help them clean it up. I could never let my kids leave a mess like that (my Mom always made us clean up before we could leave someplace).

BTW - in the "Third Wheel" where the ladies are chatting & excluding the lady they're actually supposed to be visiting...I had that couch!! The blue with red & green plaid. ha ha I think tons of people had that same couch too because I would see it everywhere! LOL:)

sherry said...

O.K , a couple of those made me laugh out loud! I needed that this morning. O.K- "A Family Affair"- that is THE reason I don't believe in taking kids with me. It's kind of hard to feel the spirit when your worried about what the kids are doing the whole time. Swap babysitting with a neighbor for pete's sake. I had a VT in Payson that used to leave her 5 kids in the car the whole time. Crazy.

Aprilyn said...

I loved that video. I don't mean to put off VT but it seems I'm the only one who ever thinks about it. I've been sick and busy and forgot about it again. DANG IT! I'm going to do better.

Crazymamaof6 said...

yeah love that. i am the queen of the drop off and the knock and run.
this month, i'm dropping off a message ,and a pie from Marie Calendars. whoohoo! cute video thanks for that reminder!

Cindy Price said...

That was great!! Where did you find that video?? It made me laugh! I love how it ended!! I'm feeling guilty watching that with two days left to go. My, oh, my!!

Pam said...

Too funny! This is the second blog I have read about visiting teaching. I wonder if it is a message to me?

KellyAnn said...

Oh, I loved that video. I need it for our visiting teaching conference. I am the 1st counselor in our RS Presidency and it seems that we all struggle with visiting teaching.

Staci said...

Thanks for the great video Crystal. I think it would be fun to use in Relief Society sometime. Can you email it to me or do you have the link where I can find it?

Phae-Jae said...

That was funny, and sometimes so true!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I loved it! I was laughing and then crying. It was great! If you are going to e-mail it out could you e-mail me?

Emy5 said...

I am using a different computer which is letting me comment! I had a good laugh watching all of those funny skits. So so true to life. But the last one, I could feel the tears coming. I could identify with the poor woman with messy hair!! Good ending!

Kylie said...

yeah--I totally didn't get it done this month (my partner couldn't go) and i just never did it--so it will be the drop of the treat today!! Oh well...I guess that is better than nothing!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Ha ha! too bad it's true huh? That would be awesome to show at a VT Conference! I emailed it to myself! I hope that you are feeling good!

Wendi said...

That's great. I've seen it before, but it's been a while. Thanks for the laugh.

I love visiting teaching. I went last week (the 11th hour practically) but 2 of the 3 forgot we were coming and were gone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails