Thursday, February 7, 2008

More Answers...

So yes...I admit...I am a slacker, but it is better late than never right!? Here are some more of the questions and answers. I think that I got all of them, with the exception of the story of Shawn and I...which is coming soon! I promise!

Julie of Love, Laughter, & Laundry asked

How many children do you want to have?

I grew up in a large family. I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters. I loved being part of a big family, but I don’t think that I could handle 8 children. I have always said that I wanted at least 4, but we figure that we will take them one (hopefully) at a time. I figure that Heavenly Father will let me know when we are “done.”

What is your favorite thing to do if you have a day with no kids or husband?

Hmm…part of me wants to say sleep, but then I would probably feel guilty if that was what I did. I love going out with friends. I love being social, and think a day is great when I get to spend time chatting with people….and also eating. I love good food!

Little Momma of It's a Wonderful Life & KellyAnn of The Hatch Batch asked

How many blogs do you read a day?

Hahaha…Shawn would probably say that is all I do all day. I use a feed reader called Bloglines that monitors a ton of blogs that I subscribe to (I love it! I talk about it here). It is kinda embarrassing to say, but I have over 100 blogs that I subscribe to. The thing is that a lot of them do not post every single day (some of them haven’t posted in months!), and there are days that I don’t get to read each new post. I probably spend 20 to 30 minutes (sometimes longer depending on my spare time) reading different blogs.

Babystepper (I do know her real name cuz I am cool :), but am sworn to secrecy) of Babysteps asks

What's your favorite kind of sandwich?

Sandwiches are yummy. When it comes to food…I like almost everything. The only thing that I can’t stand is seafood. I don’t think I have a favorite sandwich. It just depends on the kind of mood I am in. Sometimes I like them toasted, sometimes I like them cold. It does have to have some sort of meat, and a must is PICKLES! I LOVE pickles!

KellyAnn of The Hatch Batch also asked

What is the best vacation you have ever been on?

The best vacation that I have been on alone with Shawn was our honeymoon. We went to Spain for a little over a week, and it was wonderful. Shawn had served a mission in Madrid, and so we went back there. It was like having my personal guide. He knew where to go, and what to see…plus he spoke the language! We had so much fun together, and can’t wait to go back again. With our kids, it would have to be our trip to Disneyworld. We went for 10 days! Kids can be so demanding, and sometimes a vacation with them is more work than it is worth. We managed to have so much fun, and Caden still talks about it to this day. Because we had so much time to spend there we were able to relax, and not feel rushed. I absolutely loved it!

Ashley of I Believe in Miracles asked

If you could have your dream job, what would it be and why?

I have always dreamed of being able to play in an orchestra for movie soundtracks. I have never been to keen on playing solo on my violin, but I love to play in orchestras. There is something about being part of a team that is able to make something so beautiful. I always thought it would be cool to be able to go to a movie, and while watching it hear something that I actually played in. The thing about musical performance is that is almost all you have time for. One of the professors that I took from at ASU was an excellent musician. She had traveled the world playing in top orchestras…yet in the end she really had nothing to show for it. She lived all alone in a large house with a bunch of cats. I realized that I loved playing, but not enough to give up sharing my life with someone that I loved. In my mind it isn't worth sacrificing that much of my time and effort if I have no one to share it with.

Emily of Cairnsliving asked

Do you like English people?

I am actually fascinated with the English culture. I love meeting new people, and going to new places. Shawn is actually going to be traveling to the UK on Saturday (yes…when I will be 37 weeks pregnant!…but that is for another post) to instruct a course for his job. His boss has also touched on seeing if we would be up to living there for 2 months this summer! I am kinda excited about it because I have never lived anywhere else, but in AZ! We will see if it actually happens, but I would love to have the opportunity to spend some real time exploring England, and getting to know the people there.

Heather of The Fantastic Five (I would link her, but she is private!) asked

Do you have names picked out?

I have a long list of names for both genders that we need to sit down, and widdle down. So there is nothing really settled on this homefront…but obviously needs to be done! Do you guys have any suggestions of names that you like?

Katie of The Layton Family asked

Would you ever consider moving close to Queen Creek?

I really have nothing against Queen Creek, but it would be far too long of a commute for Shawn. I also like living where we are…so it is hard to imagine moving anywhere else.

Starla of The Evans Family asked

When are you guys going to come visit us in Memphis, TN?

I would love to come to Memphis! Obviously we can’t come anytime real soon, but after we have the baby we will have to look into when we can get away. I think the kids would have a blast, and so would we!

Okay....so there it is. I had fun answering your questions, and to see some of you come out of the woodwork. I do know there are still some that are lurking back there...don't be afraid to comment....I don't bite I promise! Do you have any more burning questions? Thanks for the ones that you did ask...and stay tuned for Our Love Story.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

9 people know I LOVE comments!:

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing & letting us get to know you better! I love reading things like this!

I don't like seafood either!

Carina said...

Yeah, you are just cool, that's true! =)

Oh, and I hate to sound like an obnoxious English teacher, but I just have to point out that you want to say, "whittle down" instead of "widdle down", because, well, unless you're going to pee on the list... =) =) =)

An Ordinary Mom said...

There are 9 kids in the family I grew up in and although I love having so many brothers and sisters, I would be committed to an mental institution if I had that many :) !!

Fun responses to read! I can't wait to hear what names are on your list.

Webb Family said...

THis is fun getting to know you better. Wow how exciting to get to move for the summer & England even better. The people there are so nice!

Tonya said...

I come from a big family too. My mom had 10 kids and then she adopted one as well. I was the only girl and she wanted me to have a sister the only thing is that my sister is the same age as my second born. It's fun to learn more about you. I think I might do questions in the near future!

Overwhelmed! said...

This was a fun read! I'm also from a larger family. I was 2nd oldest of 5. My dad was the middle of 8 and my mom was the youngest of 13. Depending on how things go, we may have 3 children, max. I think that's more than enough for us. :)

Hey, last year you participated in my Favorite Ingredients Friday Chocolate Edition recipe exchange. I’m hosting a second edition today, in preparation for Valentine’s Day, and I’ll hope you join in again!

Emy5 said...

Thanks for answering my question in such a nice way! I hope you do get to go to England one day. Travel is such an education. I was excited to hear that you have been to Spain.

Julie said...

I loved your answers. Thanks for sharing.

Julie

sheri said...

I'VE got a question! What did the doctor say when you went? Are you going to have the baby early or chance you could have it when Shawn's gone? Hey Crystal! Call me if you need me. I'm really close by at my work. Whatever you need, "Family First", k' honey?
Lovew, Aunt Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails