Tuesday, February 12, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week Six

I have been such a slacker at getting this done on Sunday! Hopefully that can change. I did do one for last week, and just post dated the post....so you can find it here.

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Six
This week I am grateful for the blessing of modern communication – mainly the telephone. I haven’t talked much about it because I was so upset at first, but right now Shawn is in the UK. When he had first told me about his work wanting to send him out there to instruct a class…I was dumbfounded. I couldn’t believe that they wanted to send him there when they knew how close I was to my due date. In the end, I guess it has been perfect timing. I had gone into my appointment last week, and every thing looks fine. The chances of me going into labor this week are slim, and then he won't have to travel after I have the baby.

We still miss our Shawn though. That is why the phone has been such a blessing. Last night Shawn couldn’t sleep so he called us right when I was getting the kids ready for bed. (It was actually around 3 am in England.) I put him on speaker, and he was able to talk to the kids, and then he sang with us as I rocked Sydney. It was the sweetest thing to watch Sydney in my arms with the phone next to her face.

I really can’t imagine how people survived being away from family back when there was no telephone. It is so nice to know that if I am having a hard day or just want to hear his voice, all I have to do is pick up the phone. Now all I have to do is make it through to Friday!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

10 people know I LOVE comments!:

Tawni said...

Wow, I know exactly how you feel! Brian went to Africa for 2 weeks in August and I was about 6 months pregnant. It was crazy, and man was I glad to see him when he got home! I couldn't even talk to him on the phone though, but we emailed, so that was nice!

Wendi said...

Thanks for the kind words on my blog.

Your header and paper look awesome. What talent!

I hope the baby waits until he gets back in town!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

You are so right. I would not be able to go with out communication for weeks on end. I am such a people person I think I just might die of bordom for sure! What a great idea for a blessing.

KellyAnn said...

Amen. The telephone is so amazing. I remember when I was half way around the world in China and I could call home to talk to my kids like it was nothing. Amazing what technology has brought us!!!

Jan said...

If it wasn't for the phone. ET would have never been able to call home. The phone is a gift.

Andrea said...

SO TRUE!! I love the phone especially!! My hubby and I talk on our cell phones to each other all the time!! When he's been out of town, I can't wait for his phone call at bedtime! It's one of the highlights of my day! That's so sweet that you were rocking her while she was on the phone to daddy. What a sweet little (growing) family!

Staci said...

I'm glad it is working out with Shawn being gone. I was worried you were going to go into labor while he was gone! Sounds like you are doing good & he'll be home in plenty of time!

I TOO am so grateful for modern communication!!! What a blessing.

Crazymamaof6 said...

hey glad it is going OK. and thank goodness for the phone.

Emy5 said...

That was so sweet that your husband could sing over the phone, and that he was awake at that time. I know the difficulties of the time difference when calling England.

Timid Scorpion said...

I have been there. Andy was gone for only a few days when I was expecting Odessa I was scared. I never thought I could live with him gone for a long time. Andy is now working in Vegas and has been gone for over a month. When he first left to work in Vegas the first time back in june it was very hard on the whole family. There where times I just could not talk to him because it would just make me miss him more. It had gotten easier and I am not expecting. My blessing goes to you and your family. Loves

Related Posts with Thumbnails