Sunday, July 24, 2011

Let's Play Music

When Caden was 4 I enrolled him in Let's Play Music.  A program designed for kids ages 4-7 that teaches them the fundamentals of music (rhythm, theory, and beginning piano).  Seriously one of the best & easiest decisions I have ever made. 

I watched as he learned how to read music, play chords, transpose songs into different keys.  I even learned things that I never understood...and I have been immersed in music practically my whole life. It really is such an amazing program that I can't say enough about it to give it the justice that it deserves. 
This is Caden's class - he was with the same kids for the last 3 years.
In May, his 3 year committment came to an end.  They held a recital where all the kids in his class got to perform the songs that they wrote all by themselves!  Caden was so proud of his accomplishment, and so was I. 
Caden & Ms. Stephanie - We really are going to miss her!
Before they started writing their song, they were asked to come up with a story.  Writing a story helped the kids visualize what they were wanting, and then they used the piano to tell that story.  Caden's composition was titled 'The Cat and Mouse' as you listen to him play it...this is what you will want to listen for.
  • In the beginning the cat enters
  • Then you will hear the mouse
  • The cat scares the mouse away...and he runs into the kitchen to hide.
  • The cat sneaks into the kitchen and is looking for the mouse
  • The mouse jumps out and teases the cat (think hands up to ears saying nanny nanny boo boo..you can't catch me)
  • The cat runs after him only to get hit on the head with a frying pan 3 times.  
  • Then the mouse runs away
  • The cat teeters, and falls over
Silly, but fun (I think he had recently been watching Tom & Jerry...hence the inspiration to the story)
Enjoy......




If you want to find out more about the program go to their website.  You can even locate a teacher near you!  You won't regret it I promise!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

2 people know I LOVE comments!:

Casey said...

Wow! Thats awesome!, he does a great Job :)

tammy said...

Great job Caden! I could always play just about anything put in front of me, but to write something - not a chance. He did awesome!

Oh and it made me chuckle when he was putting his music up on the piano, and then realized one page was upside down. Cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails