Saturday, October 4, 2008

Crescent Chicken Bundles

The other day while in the grocery line I saw this Taste of Home recipe book for freezer meals. I bought it, and have been enjoying making some of the recipes. It is great because every recipe is enough for about two meals....so I make one, and freeze the other! I forgot to take a picture of the inside of this one, but I have to tell you I thought they were YUMMY! If you make them let me know what you think.

Crescent Chicken Bundles

Ingredients:
2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened (or just 6oz of cream cheese)
4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
2 tablespoons minced chives
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup crushed seasoned stuffing

Directions:

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, chives, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken.

Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight rectangles; press perforations together. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring edges up to the center and pinch to seal. Brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with crushed croutons, lightly pressing down.

Transfer to two ungreased baking sheets. Cover one baking sheet and freeze until firm; transfer squares to a covered freezer container. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Bake remaining squares at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

To use frozen squares: Thaw in the refrigerator and bake as directed.

Yield: 8 servings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

5 people know I LOVE comments!:

Julie said...

Those look yummy. I will have to try this recipe. I need to be better about freezing things.

Julie

tammy said...

I make those all the time, but with a little chopped pimento added, and chicken gravy on top. It's one of our faves!

Patrice said...

Yum! I make something similar, but a little twist may make for a MORE favorite recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Miss Notesy said...

That looks really, really good!

tiki_lady said...

i loved this recipe! I have made something very similar to it and didn't even know! thanks for sharing. I also love that magazine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails