Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mindy

Last night we were able to go to a benefit concert for
It took a little convincing because Shawn didn't even know who Mindy Gledhill was. I had listened to some of her stuff on YouTube, and thought it was worth it. Besides we were helping out The Nielson's. I am so glad that we went. It was a great evening. Claire and Jane (Christian and Stephanie's girls) even sang with Mindy. It was the sweetest thing ever. This isn't the best quality, and I move around a bit, but you will get the idea.

I continue to think about their family each day. CJane just posted an article that was in the AZ Republic. It gives a lot more insight to their situation, and makes me admire their family even more. They are such a testament of strength amidst adversity. Tears streamed down my face as I read.

I know many think about how awful this whole situation is....and yes it is...yet at the same time there is so much to learn. It could have been much worse. We could have lost 3 wonderful people. I keep thinking about the post that Lisa (a sister in law) wrote. About how we can look at this the wrong way. The hills this couple have climbed are remarkable. Yes, their lives will never be the same. We are all changed forever.

We now are starting down a new path with new possibilities. I am admire the fight that lies within them. The road is long, but promising. If anyone can make the best of it...it is Stephanie & Christian.

For now, I continue to keep them in my prayers.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

6 people know I LOVE comments!:

Rosie said...

I too cried as I read the article in the AZ republic. I am someone that came upon them because of the accident. I do remember reading a post of Stephanie's once-linked from somewhere else.

This tragedy has taken many of us to a place that we pray we never will have to imagine. We truly can not imagine what they are going through. We only pray that they will be able to come through this strong.

I am glad that you were able to go to the concert. I am sure it was wonderful.

Aprilyn said...

I wish I could have been there. What a neat concert to be at!!! I love the article. It is beautifully written. I continue to pray for them all every day.

Jaylee Draney said...

Is that Shawn I hear singing in the background?

tammy said...

How sweet is that? Thanks for sharing. We weren't able to go. I cried when I read that article too.

Becca said...

No body should be crying at 7:20am! But thanks to you for posting the video I was!

Thanks for sharing

Crazymamaof6 said...

so sweet! thanks for sharing.i totally missed out on this , i swear i live under a rock these days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails