Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blessings & Brunch

This morning I got to wake up bright and early.  Our church just changed to the glorious hour of 8 am.  I have a love/hate relationship with this time slot.  I love it because we are done by 11am which allows for afternoon Sunday naps.  I hate it because it is a beast to get myself and now 4 little ones dressed, fed and out the door by 7:30ish (if we leave any later we can't sit in the pews...and my kids don't do well in the chairs).

I woke up, showered, and got myself ready.  Then I scooped up my little bundle, and dressed him in white.  For today was his blessing day.  They are already so clean and pure, but to see him in his little white outfit makes my heart brim with gratitude.  It reminds me how blessed I am to be given such a great gift to help raise a child of my Heavenly Father. 

We sat in the pew with our little family, and the time soon came for Shawn to give Grayson a 'name & a blessing.'  As I watched Shawn walk towards the front with our baby in his arms, my eyes filled with tears.  It is funny how  joy is associated with crying.  I guess it is just what our body does when we can't handle our emotions whether happy or sad.  But atleast today they were happy...pure happiness.

*Have I mentioned how much I love his dimples?*

I am so thankful that I have a husband who holds and honors his priesthood.  He and several extended family members circled my little babe while Shawn blessed him.  It was a perfect moment that will forever be etched in my heart.
Afterwards our family came over to our house where we had a lovely brunch.  I took a chance and made a few things that I hadn't tested out before the actual event.  That always makes me nervous because I am never sure if it is going to taste good.  Luckily,  I was more than pleased...I loved them...and it seems everyone else did too.
The menu???
The best thing about these main dishes is they are all prepared the night before...so all you have to do is pop them in the oven!
Made things easy peasy!

We also had....
fruit salad
bagel's & cream cheese
banana muffins
veggies with dip
chips
pasta salad
and of course....OJ

Super yumminess.

It was lovely to celebrate with family and friends. 
I could have not asked for a more perfect day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

1 people know I LOVE comments!:

Lesley Wright said...

Wow those are some really fancy dishes, they look so yummy. Yea for the blessing day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails