Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tasting Life

The other day I read a marvelous post written by Daring Young Mom titled 'Taste your Nerds'

It is such a simple little post, but it has been on my mind ever since.  I think about how many times in my life I just go through the motions.  Many times I am in survival mode, and just want the day to get done. 

I picture myself as her little Magoo being 'okay' with not actually tasting his candy but still wanting to down it all.  I look back and see alot of times where I have gave up opportunities to really 'taste my life.' 

I love how Kathryn says "If you’re gonna eat something yummy, eat it. If you’re gonna watch a show, watch it. If you’re gonna spend time with your kids, be present. Make sure you at least taste the candy on its way down."

It is so important to get out of our imaginary cloud, and be present in everything we do...not just with our kids, but EVERYTHING.  I have been trying to be better, and this was just a great reminder at how important that is.  Take life seriously.  Everything we do matters.  Make memories, and be more proactive.  

So join me and make more effort to 'Taste your Nerds!'  I think we will all be better for it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

0 people know I LOVE comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails