Monday, August 8, 2011

Meet the Teacher

Tonight was a night that my kids have been anticipating for weeks.  At the school my kids attend they don't get to find out who their teacher is until they show up that evening.  The kids piled into the car and we headed over to the school. 

Caden was excited because he got the teacher he was hoping for (so was I).  I am really looking forward to getting to know her.  I have heard some of the greatest things about her.  I think she will be perfect for Caden.  He really needs a great teacher, and I am glad he was placed in her class.


Sydney was grinning ear from ear when she got a postcard from her teacher this afternoon.  So we got a little heads up before the actual night.  She loved exploring the classroom, and was sad when she found out that she has to wait until Wednesday to come back again.  I told her that I was going to miss having her gone all day.  She responded, "Don't worry Mom,  I will be home at night.  (as if it was no big deal)"  I don't think she will be having any problems.  She is excited to finally be at the same school as Caden, and can't wait to eat lunch in the cafeteria. 

Thomas is actually going to be at the same school too...so he got to join in all the 'meet the teacher' fun.  For my sanity we decided it was best to have him go to pre-school here.  It costs a bit more, but it will be so nice to be able to drop him off at the same time as his siblings.  He is even getting to be in same class with 'Cousin Dylan'.  I think it will be great for them.  He was so enthralled with the new classroom that he didn't want me to take a picture!

All the kids are excited to be able to 'see each other in the halls.' 

It is a bittersweet thing for me.  I love my kids, and it is strange to know that half of them will be gone all day.  Then 3 days a week...I will have only Grayson.  Totally weird.  This summer has been fun, but really low key since the baby is so little.  I think the kids and I are both looking forward to the structure that school will provide.  It sometimes can be demanding, but really is the perfect thing for us. 

Here is to a great year!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

0 people know I LOVE comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails