Wednesday, August 17, 2011

While Mom's away the Kids Will Play...

Sometimes I wonder why I even attempt to clean my house.  Kids have an uncanny way of undoing all your efforts almost before you are even finished.  I know there are times that my hunny may think I do nothing all day yet in reality I have cleaned up numerous messes along the way.  After today he may think a little differently.

Tonight was 'curriculum night' at the kids school.  Anna, a friend of mine, also wanted to attend, but her husband would not be home in time.  I volunteered my husband to watch her kids so that she could go.  Anna has five kids, but they are all pretty much aligned in ages with my 4, and they all get along great.

Dallin is the same age as Thomas.  Since they were 2 they have LOVED playing together.  I have never had a child bond a friendship at such a young age.  They are so fun to watch together.  Along with the fun they have...brings alot of mischief.  Today was one of those mischievous days. 

When the kids got dropped off, Shawn put on 'Hop' for the kids to watch.  He figured they would enjoy it, and stay out of trouble.  The boys had gone upstairs to 'play'...or so he thought.  A little while later he found them in the downstairs bathroom and thought it was 'cute', and taped them. 


After he filmed this he sent the boys outside to jump on the trampoline in order to dry off. Minutes after they went outside, he heard water dripping....from the light fixture in the DINING ROOM.

Apparently before the boys got into the bathtub, they were in the upstairs bathroom (instead of playing with the toys in their bedroom like Shawn had thought).  They had plugged both sinks and left the water running!!!  Shawn went upstairs to find water everywhere (all over the counter, floors, cabinets, it even seeped into every drawer)!  Of course he went to work trying to clean up that mess.  

Minutes later he went back downstairs to bring some of the soaked towels out to dry only to find that the boys had thrown all the pool toys, our barbecue tools, and all of our recycle trash over the fence into the pool!!!!  (I so wish he would have taken a picture!!) 

Luckily the damage was minimal, and despite Shawn's initial frustration, he was able to laugh the whole situation off.  Anna's oldest, Austin, jumped into the pool and emptied it of its unwanted contents.  Then later in the evening Anna came by with a few bags of fruit so Shawn could make his much loved smoothies.  We also have a great story to tell them when they get older!
Don't let those cute smiles fool you...Those two little rascals sure know how to get into trouble. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

3 people know I LOVE comments!:

dailylinkbuilding said...

kids are cute ....enjoying absense of maamaa

Land for sale said...

Thanks for every other informative blog. Where else could I am getting that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I’ve a venture that I’m simply now operating on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such information.Land For Sale

jimi said...

i enjoyed visiting ur blog layout is too impressive.
touch,type

Related Posts with Thumbnails