Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cousin Dylan

Over the past couple of years, I have had the opportunity to help out my sister by taking care of my nephew Dylan.  I have to say that it has been one of the best things that I have done.  The memories that my kids have created together can never be replaced.  I hope in years to come they will be able to look back at this time with fondness.

He is a great little boy.  I know that if I wouldn't have been able to stay home, the relationship that I have with him would not be the same.  I love him as if he was my own.  (Not that I don't love my other nieces and nephews too...because I do.)
The other advantage that I have had is watching the relationship grow between Dylan and Sydney.  They are so cute together.  My heart smiled the other day when Dylan referred to her as his 'best cousin'.  I would think if they weren't related that they would be best friends.
I am so thankful that I live so close to both of my sisters so that my kids can get to know their cousins as well as mine do.
It makes me sad to think that next year Dylan will be in kindergarten, and I won't get to see him as often.  Atleast this year he gets to protect Thomas in preschool.  Although Syd and Dylan are tight...over the last 6 months Thomas and Dylan have started to enjoy each other.  I think it will be great to have them together in preschool.  The  kids are all looking forward to seeing each other in the halls.
Thanks, Cathy, for giving me the opportunity to love and take care of your beautiful little man.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

2 people know I LOVE comments!:

tammy said...

They are both cutie pies. You are so lucky to have your sisters and their kids close. I miss mine!

Catherine said...

Thanks, Crystal!! I am so lucky to have your help. I never have to worry about my baby. Dylan loves his cousins so much. I am super grateful and excited to see them all grow up together so close. Your da BEST!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails