Friday, January 26, 2007

Bow Making and Other Random Thoughts

Yesterday I went to a bow making class. I know it sounds a little silly, but I figured with having a girl I need to learn how to make them myself. I had been buying them from a friend of mine, but it will be alot cheaper to make them on my own. At the class they were talking about how people will sell these for $25 bucks!!! That is so crazy - I don't think I could bring myself to pay that much for a bow! We learned how to make three different styles. The layered, side-by-side, and the Jenny bow. These are the 3 I made. I think they turned out pretty good! I am excited to try to make some more. I went to the class with my friend Karyn. She is awesome. Our husbands are good friends from high school. Caden and their son Kent are about 3 weeks apart. It was nice to get away and do something fun for our evening.

Yesterday, Shawn forgot his wallet at home, so we drove to his work and met him for lunch. He was going to have someone else buy him lunch, but I thought it would be fun to go and see him. Shawn's work is only about 15-20 minutes away from our house, but he acts like I am having to drive to another state to come and see him. I think he actually likes us to come, but for some reason thinks it is a waste of time. I love to go see him, and so do the kids.


On the drive over I was kinda entertained by Sydney, and soon found myself in a deep thought. As soon as Syd gets into the car she immediately starts to try to take her shoes off. I don't know why...I guess it just gives her something to do. The problem is she never seems to do it in the right steps, and because of this gets very frustrated. Her shoes are actually quite simple to take off. All she has to do is Velcro strap that goes across the top of the shoe and then they will just slip off. Instead she tugs and screams for quite sometime and then finally manages to pull one off. She then smiles with pride that she got one accomplished. Soon after the crying ensues as she moves on to the next shoe....more smiles....and then the cycle begins again as she goes for her socks.

I began to think about this cycle that she seems to go through almost everytime we get into our car. It is such a funny thing to me. Children are so lucky because they are so innocent. They have no real awareness of the world around them. If they don't like the way things are going they let you know....they never hold back, and are for the most part honest. There are times when I am doing things that I would love to scream and cry until I figure it out. Then after I get all of the screaming and crying out of the way I can beam with pride when my final goal is accomplished. Sometimes I think as adults we bottle up alot of feelings and emotions that we should let go. Maybe next time I am head to head with something I can't seem to figure out I will try "letting go"... but probably not if I am in public - I don't want anyone to think I am crazy. :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

1 people know I LOVE comments!:

Half a Dozen said...

Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog. I will have to check into the playgroup.

The bows are gorgeous. My mom used to make my hair bows, your pictures and my now girly dauther is inspiring me to want to learn. Great job!

I hear you on "letting go." I sometimes think as adults we should be allowed at least one tantrum, maybe not in public so those around don't think we need to be committed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails