Thursday, January 4, 2007

Puzzles

Today was a pretty good day. Shawn stayed home from work because I had a pre-op exam for LASIK surgery that I am getting tomorrow! It was nice to have him home to help out. I left for the exam in the morning, and when I got back I took a nap. Shawn was great... he helped to clean up alot around the house. Since Christmas our house has been a disaster. I guess that he finally got so sick of it that he decided to do something about it. He cleaned the kitchen and mopped all of the floors in the house. It was really nice. Tomorrow he will have to do even more since I will have to rest the majority of the day after the surgery. It is somewhat exciting to know that I will no longer need contacts or eyeglasses yet a little scary all at the same time. I will let you all know how it goes.

Caden has really cracked me up the last couple of days. For Christmas he got an Aquadoodle puzzle board. It is really cool. You puzzle the squares together, and then use the water pencil to draw pictures. It also has a border that has different shapes that you can trace onto the board. You can see it in the picture below.



Anyway, the last couple of days I would be doing something around the house...cleaning in the kitchen, working on the computer..etc. He would come and find me to tell me that "the puzzle is all apart, Mom!" I would go with him to the play room to discover that he had taken every piece apart and thrown it all around. We would sit down together, put it back together, and then I would go back to doing whatever. Moments later he would come running back to tell me it was "all apart" again. He has done this over and over for days. It has really helped me to realize how much he loves to have my attention. He will do anything to get me there. It is not that I don't spend time playing with him...in fact it seems that is all I do...but he still has a way of bringing me home when he really needs me. He is a great kid. I do sometimes get frustrated, but overall he is a bundle of joy. We all need to take sometime each day and "put the puzzle together." It makes all of the difference.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

0 people know I LOVE comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails