Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday - The French Doors

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


A funny thing happened after I posted my first Tackle it Tuesday last week. My husband started asking me, "Hey hun, what are you going to do for next Tuesday? I think you should do ...." I will just stop there. Shawn has lots of ideas, and hopefully we can get to them. Maybe he can even pick something to "tackle" each Tuesday. What I am going to post today was actually a project that we worked on starting on Thursday, and it took all weekend! I might even update the post later if I tackle something else today...which is very likely because the kids are sick with pink eye. :( They started the antibiotics yesterday, but it takes 24 hours before they are not contagious. So hopefully I can get some stuff done since we are homebound.

The project I am posting today is the installation and painting of our new back door. A few days before Christmas, something hit our sliding glass door and this was the result. We joked about how we had a frosted window...our new decoration for Christmas. Luckily the door was double paned. Shawn duct taped up the outside to keep the glass intact in case the kids were to push on it. Then it stayed like that for weeks. I really hate sliding doors, and didn't want to pay to have the glass replaced so we decided to put in a french door. Shawn wanted me to go "shopping" for doors while he was at work. I just laughed. Imagine me trying to go around with two little kids looking at doors...not going to happen! So we finally went out together and found the door that we wanted. We bought it and last Tuesday Shawn and a friend installed it.

We had originally wanted to stain it, but decided against it. Wood is not "in" and a white door would go much better with whatever we want to do in the future. You can never go wrong with white, right? The only problem we had was that we couldn't take the door off the hinges because it was already "hung" and if we took them off we would have to do that all over again. So instead we got to do ALOT of taping. We started painting on Thursday and finally finished everthing late Saturday night. It was alot of work, but I am happy with the results. Here are pictures of the LONG process that I am so thankful is done!!!
























































Check out what other people have tackled at 5 minutes for Mom Have a great day!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

8 people know I LOVE comments!:

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

OH WOW - that looks wonderful - very professional and just WOW - great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is one beautiful tackle! Great job!

Carina said...

Beautiful. We hope to be doing that in our "new" house soon. Yeah, I have a control journal. Just no control (self-control, that is)I'm not giving up, just taking microscopic babysteps. Hence the name.

Unknown said...

That looks absolutely LOVELY! Great tackle for today! Thanks for the visit and my final result is UP! Where did you end up buying the door? We need one!!!

Paula said...

Wow, you guys did a fantastic job! I think you were very wise to go with painting the doors white. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - and it is so much prettier then the sliding door!!!! Beautiful!!! Great Tackle!

Anonymous said...

I am with you here. The French doors look marvelous. You both did a wonderful job of getting them hung and then the painting. I like them white! Nice job, great tackle!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday! Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Great job!

I didn't get my tackles done and posted until last night.

Related Posts with Thumbnails