Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Expectations

Since I had myself a little pity party the other day, I now need to clarify some things. My husband came home yesterday, and read this post. He wasn't too happy that I posted this for the world to see, and I think it hurt him. He felt like I was out there to bash him, and that was totally not the purpose. I was just disappointed, and needed to vent.

My husband is a wonderful person. He works very hard to provide for me and our family. He loves us very much. He does the best that he can to show love for me. I know that he loves me and appreciates me. I love him, and care for him deeply. What it all comes down to is expectations. My friend over at Miss Niss, said it perfectly "when we expect things of other people, we, the "expecters" are the ones who usually get hurt by it...." That is exactly what happened on Sunday. I had in my mind how I would have done things, and when it didn't happen that way I was hurt. To my husbands defense...he said that he did wish me 'Happy Mother's Day.' Maybe I was so caught up in what didn't happen that I didn't hear him say it. He did take Caden to church with him a whole hour early, and did the best that he could to show his appreciation that day. I know that he can't read my mind, and he does and shows his love differently than I do. That is something that I have to remind myself.

Honey, I am sorry...I didn't mean to "bash" you. I love you, and am grateful to have you in my life.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

2 people know I LOVE comments!:

Anonymous said...

wow that was a crazy mothers day.... mine was a little like that because all i wanted for mothers day was breakfast in bed! thats not too hard right? well that did'nt happen!i was a little pissed, but he was a good help with the kids and he changed all the diapers all day and so he made it up to me:) oh and max does remember you,

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am glad things are already looking up. Maybe next year will be better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails