Thursday, May 10, 2007

Joy School Graduation

It was more of a swim party, but we gave out little diploma's. (Caden refused to get in this picture.) In some ways I am glad it is over for the summer, but it is sad to be done. Caden really has had alot of fun. Joy School is not the traditional type of preschool that focuses on academics. It is a program that helps kids find "joy" in all sorts of aspects of life. You can see the different "subjects" that we "studied" this year on his "report card".

Over the course of this year it has been alot of fun. I am in a co-op with 4 other moms so I only taught once every 5 weeks. It was nice to be part of it, and will be doing it again next year. I really feel like it has been a good thing for Caden. He has looked forward to it every week, and just loves the songs that go along with the curriculm. Here are some clips of him singing some of the songs. It is the cutest thing to watch him do it, but as you can tell...as soon as he realizes that I am taping him...all is over. Someday I may get him to do it for me.

As this year has gone by it has been amazing to watch Caden grow, and change in his learning. About a month ago we made an "All About Me" book. They had to draw a self portrait. Caden whined a little bit when we were starting out. He really wanted me to do it for him. I told him to go look in the mirror, and then come back and draw what he saw. This is the result. I was so impressed that he did this all by himself. I think I am going to have to have it framed.

Here is a slide show of a few pictures that I had taken throughout the year. You may notice that Caden is in very few of them. For whatever reason he never wanted to get in the shot. Oh well!

It really has been a memorable school year. I think that Caden will be able to look back and see all the Joy that he found.


Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

0 people know I LOVE comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails