Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

From what I have read in the blogosphere, it sound's like everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I have to say that I am jealous of this...I might just have to convince our Relief Society that this is the way things should be done!


My Mother's day started out early. The kids woke up, and came in bed with us. We went downstairs and ate some cereal. Then pretty much took it easy. Close to 9 we put Sydney down for a nap (she had been up since 5:30 am) and I tried to get a little more sleep. I think I was able to get about a half hour before Shawn left to go to the church. He took Caden with him at 10 am.

I got up, got ready...then got the kids stuff together. Finally I woke up Sydney, and got her dressed and headed off to church. When I arrived, Caden was crying. He was in the worst mood...which made Sacrament meeting wonderful. I think I spent the first part out in the foyer with a screaming child. I finally got him to settle down, and we went back inside the chapel. The primary kids were supposed to sing to all the mothers. Caden made it as far as the stairs and then just sat there. When they started singing he ran back to me crying. Oh the Joys.

Atleast I got to drop them off at nursery and primary for the last two hours of church, and have a little break. Relief Society was good. The lesson was on forgiveness...something I need to be better at. I was excited when church got out because I figured that the kids teachers would have had the kids make me something. I did get a card that Sydney had scribbled on, but that was it.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have Caden do anything, but I guess that really isn't their job. Shawn had to do tithing so we came home and I put Sydney down for a nap. In the meantime, I had to cut up fruit for the fruit salad that I had to bring to the family dinner that my family was having at my brothers house.

I had made some cards for my mom, Shawn's mom, and Shawn's grandma. We made a trip over to Grandma's, and Shawn's mom was there too. So we were able to give them both the cards, and visit for a while. While we were there alot of the extended family showed up, it was nice to see everyone. Pretty soon we had to leave to head over to my brothers. We were already an hour late, but it was nice to see everyone.

Sunday was also my nephew, Ethan's, first birthday. I still can't believe that he is one. So our get together was for Mother's day, and also to celebrate for Ethan. It was good to see my family. I always love getting together with them. I could hang out with them for hours.

My mom was nice enough to give me a card. I thought it was very thoughtful of her. I love my mom. She is a wonderful person. There are times that I get frustrated with her, and sometimes say hurtful things. I know I am going to regret it someday. I will probably have a child that will do the same to me. I just hope that she knows that I really do love her despite our differences.

That was pretty much my day. Nothing really special. My husband didn't even tell me "Happy Mother's Day." I don' t think that he did it on purpose, he just has had alot on his mind lately. I haven't been able to post anything about it because people from his work sometimes read my blog, but he left his current position for a new company (he actually started the new job today). I will have to post more on this later. I think it is a good thing, but Shawn really did love his old job.

Anyway, maybe next year will be more memorable.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

5 people know I LOVE comments!:

Miss Niss said...

Ok I am in total agreement with a "nothing special" mothers day...although my kids did make me some really cute stuff...my hubby didn't say happy mothers day either and I was pretty upset about it...I made a joke of it that night, but it still made me sad:(
BUT it all comes down to expectations, and I expected something out of him that he didn't really even know about....when we expect things of other people, we, the "expecters" are the ones who usually get hurt by it....

p.s. i did your 7 random thoughts thing! :)

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am so sorry you had a lousy day. Maybe your husband will read this post and make up for it next year.

Happy Mother's Day a few days late!

Unknown said...

So sorry . . . :-(

Kylie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylie said...

Crystal- I found your blog link on someone's else's blog! It is so cute! Anyway, I had to laugh when I read about your mother's day, because it was just like mine! I never got a "Happy mother's Day" from my husband either! (And I did the same thing that night...read everyone's blogs about how much they loved mother's day and how great it was). I loved what Miss Niss said about expectations though- that is so me...I always think of all the things I would have done if I was on the other end, but obviously he is not me (or a girl with all these crazy ideas in her head...I guess I saw too many chick flicks as a teenager!) =) Kylie

Related Posts with Thumbnails